Unit 61 elk

A couple 61 bulls that showed up on a camera I decided to check recently.
The fronts on the first one are real impressive for that early in the year. I can't wait to see what this next month will have to offer.
60062img2830.jpg

50329img2833.jpg

Allout Guiding & Outfitting LLC
www.alloutoutfitters.com

Bean man,
I hear you there, once and a while a guy gets lucky and finds one with good back ends too. Its them dang G3's that always seem to fall short.
This guys looks like his back end will finish off nicely.
Second pic is a different bull from the same part of the unit a year earlier but about a month later in the growing season.

37875img2839.jpg

60584img2842.jpg

www.alloutoutfitters.com

I've archery hunted 61 twice in the last few years. Once with my Dad and once with my own tag. It's the land of the 300" bulls. You will have to weed out a lot of 275-300 inch bulls to find something 320+ Fun hunt though! Good luck!

LAST EDITED ON Jun-29-17 AT 01:10PM (MST)[p]LIK2HNT,

I drew second season with 7 points. I hunted elk every year, usually twice including the B list unit which I live in, while I built up those points.

LIK2HNT,

I drew 61 1st season last year with 12 resident points, I did not pull the trigger on a Bull but it is a very cool place and worth the wait. I spent a whole bunch of time scouting and enjoying the unit prior to my hunt, I'd approximate 30+ days starting a year in advance. Unit 61 has spectacular views from the top and the bulls act differently, it seems they just like to talk no matter what time of the fall it is.

I also hunted each of those 12 years waiting to draw on 2nd choice tags and had some success.

Bill, maybe you are more of a trophy hunter than I but in my opinion, if I harvested a 300 inch bull, the picture would be included in my Christmas cards.

I've also made some friends and have been able to learn and share information about unit 61 with several MM members. My hunting partner drew 2nd season this year and we are very excited to spend a few more weeks up on the Uncompahgre.

Liv2hnt
300 bulls are the average herd bull come rifle season. There are bigger bulls they just take a lot of looking to find and often live in more difficult areas to hunt.
The bull I posted above we found a couple days ago will finish out way above 300.
I found this bull today, he is not a monster but will finish out above 320.

15381img3075.jpg

www.alloutoutfitters.com

Jacob, very nice pictures.
As a NR some of these hunts are once in a lifetime for us. I am hoping to hunt 61 in the next few years.
Bill

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom