Unit 61 muzzy bull

warrbuk

My buddy drew out a great tag and I will get to help him out on his hunt. We all all in our 50's now so looking for some info on packers to pack out a elk if he is successful. I got Austin Massey & Garvey outfitters names out of the archives, Austin says he is good to go in Mesa County. I haven't heard back yet from Mr. Garvey.

Any other info on packers would be appreciated. Do cell phones work up there and if so which servers?

I am not looking for anyone honey hole, but any general help or advise would be appreciated as this is a one time opportunity for a non resident.

Thanks
Mark

You will find that the cell phone reception is NOT good at most locations. The locals know where you could find a place to call out or to receive calls. It is available but not in very many places or at the least that is what I have found out by experience.

I have had good reception on windy point
i would just drive along and find a spot close to where you hunt. I have found more areas north than south

How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

You can call out at Windy Point. North half is better than the south half for phone reception. I agree with Treed.

Cell phone was iffy at Windy Point this morning. A few miles north at Monument Hill you can get three bars if you hike to the top of the hill.

You wouldn't believe the grass and wildflowers this year!

Windy Point is where I has had the best cell coverage. I saw a sign up there for this pack service.

Austin Massey of Dominguez Outfitters 970-640-9312

Thanks for the information, I spoke with Austin who seems like a great guy. Dustin Garvey has hunters so he may not be available for the area's south of the county line.

Any other packers in the area?

Thanks

Mark

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom