Unit 61

Like a lot of Colorado, some of the lower ground is private but I would bet more than 80% is public. And the deer are on public. And it takes a considerable amount of PPs.

Yes Thanks for the info guys I am setting on 11 DEER and 19 ELK Preference points. Any other info on specifics would be of great help you can PM me or email me.

Thanks

Should draw elk 1st season and deer third season with them points. Good luck!!!

I'll trade you my 15 elk, 14 antelope & 7 deer for yours!!!!

I will be hunting 61 in the next few years!!!

Rasstus,
There is plenty of public land in unit 61. Get a BLM surface management status map. It shows private land vs. public land. Remember, it is the hunters obligation to know land ownership. Private land does not have to be posted. Lots of money involved in hunting and people are watching their land very carefully.
I hunted elk there in 2010. I will not be spending my deer preference points in 61. I was there for a week and saw very few deer. I'm not saying there are no deer there, but they were not where we elk hunted.
If you draw the tag, PM me and I can give you some suggestions to check out.

I wound't worry about their not being any deer in 61 their are lots of deer in 61,their are also a lot of elk.If you want a chanch at a 180 or bigger buck,better hunt 61 or 21,and if you do you will need those pt.s.I personly bagged 184 Muley in 61 and saw two that bagged that were bigger than mine.You just have hunt,and pass up those 20 inchers.Saw some nice bulls that were shot also.So take your pick you won.t go wrong in eighter unit.And by the way this took place third season 2010.....Rick

Post a pic of that beast, Rick. I would agree. There are lots of deer and it seems like when you find one, you'll find them in bunches. It also depends on the time of year you are hunting--lots of aspen, and lots of oak brush--different areas, but that's where i would concentrate for deer.

visit 2010 big bucks and bulls you will see my unit 61 buck.Like i say they are where you find them,and their are a lot of bigger ones there also.But it takes a better eye than mine to tell the diff.between a 200" and a 184" at 200 yds trotting.I don,t think many of us can......good luck to all..Rick

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom