Unit 77 idaho

Mdhunterchef

LAST EDITED ON Aug-16-19 AT 09:01PM (MST)[p]Howdy from the east coast! Obviously I'm a NR coming to the promise land of mule deer! I've done alot of research and decided to reach out for advice.... no I'm not looking to intrude on someone's spot just want an opinion. This will be first a first time mule deer hunt for myself and a new area for my father. We're coming coming out late October so unfortunately I'm sure most muleys will have scattered but my eye and gut says near mint creek/ Copenhagen basin area. A simple yay or nay will do anything extra would be most appreciated! If you even read this I thank you because I know the game and even here on the east coast we have less public land and everyone is tight lipped unless you beer bribe them lol. Thanks agian hope to remain a member of this forum for a long time!

I believe you mean mink creek, and yes. White canyon and the whole Bear River range....yes, yes and yes.

Confident as a freshman asking a senior cheerleader to the dance! Hell that's why I'm asking cuz you gotta start somewhere! Appreciate the input any acorn helps.

Samsonite I was way off!

At least you have the right mentality. Lots of Dumb And Dumber one liners apply to hunting.

?so you're sayin there's a chance??
?You?re one pathetic looser?

I've rolled over in my sleeping bad at 530 am and said to my hunting buddy ?you want to hear the most annoying sound in the world?.....then tried to make it 3? from his face. Man he hates that.

Good luck on the hunt!!

"That's a special feeling, Lloyd!?

www.s2outdoor.com
www.tojagrid.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY8iBAgry-KrH49Tua4ftbA

Unsure about unit 77 Idaho being the "promised land of mule deer". We hunted SE corner of Idaho last year and we were greatly disappointed. We had better luck in unit 76. That being said there were very few bucks.

However, we did see tons of fawns. My guess is there will be a big crop of two point bucks. If you want to go home with a deer you had better shoot the first one you see because it might be the only buck you encounter.

I'll shoot you a private message to get you pointed in the right direction.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Luckily I'm not tied to just one unit per se even had thoughts toward unit 69.... let the puns begin!

Okay check your inbox. You should have my message. One thing I forgot to mention is we encountered lots of upland game birds. If you're able bring a shotgun!

I've hunted and killed deer in the areas you mentioned. I don't have any interest in hunting there this year. Remember this is an "over the counter" tag so don't expect too much out of the hunt. The hunting pressure is high and any buck older than a 2 point has learned to avoid most hunters or it would have been killed the first year it had antlers. The scenery is beautiful and there is plenty of public land. Those mountains are very steep and it will be a total different hunting experience if you have never hunted out west. 69 is a popular area with the Idaho Falls population and becomes a zoo after October 15th when OTC elk opens. 77 will also have more hunters after OTC elk opens October 15th. The opener on October 10th and weekends are also always busy with other hunters. As long as you don't expect to kill a big buck, and realize you will not be alone in the mountains you should have a great experience.

BrianId... yeah I hope and prepare for the best and expect the worse! I know my opportunity is short and late but I'm willing to make the best of it, hopefully in the future also! My thoughts were that way with 69 being close proximity to idaho falls so that's why I'm willing to crawl up mountains if needed to get something! Big or small! Fingers crossed thanks for the input

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom