unit 93 antelope?

CABugle

Hey guys, I finally drew my first antelope tag and i'm very excited. I was looking for some good access roads into the unit that will put me into a decent area. I have one map here and I have just ordered two more. Also what are the roads like, I'm not at all a road hunter,I like to get away from the crowds and enjoy walking the hills to find those hidden pockets, but If wet are the roads still good to get around? What is the weather like during the middle of Sept. Can anyone suggest a good spot for camping, I have a wall tent and do not really need to be close to water, as I will pack my own. Thank you! And good luck to all of you that drew.

CABugle

Hunt the country off WY highway 372 between the town of green river and fontinelle resivour. It's the eastern edge of your unit. Plenty of country to walk into and hunt.

Chesterwyo is right. Not as much pressure out there either. Hunting pressure is higher towards Kemmerer. September is my favorite month - cool nights, days have highs from the 60's to mid 70's typically. Be prepared for much colder weather, however. Winter can start as early as early Sept or as late as late November. Good luck!

I will agree with ya'll also, there are way to many roads towards kemmerer and granger and they get hit hard with locals. head east me and a couple friends shot some good bucks 3 years ago 70" to 81"
WHACK'N & STACK'N
SHOOT STRAIGHT SHOOT TRUE
THE WOODTICK

hunted the unit with four others in '05 hunted in early and late sept with lots of crowds neer kemmerer and fewer people toward fontanelle and south.great hunt my buck scored 78 and turned into a great mount.lots of road access. have ice in a cooler ready for the meat.we had all the animals on ice within minutes and the meat was ohh-soo-goood!have fun

Haven't hunted antelope there but you asked about the roads too. They get really slick when it rains. Worse I've ever experienced.

Or if it SNOWS like it did to me last year there, hard to control vehicle without chains once it starts to melt away.

Brian

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom