Unit 93 Antelope

troutcarver

Well it is official. I revived my tag in the mail today. I wanted to make sure I had the tag in my hand before I really got excited.(Not that I wasn't excited before)Now it seems real. September cant come fast enough.
So My question is for any of you that have had any experience hunting antelope in this area. What should my expectations be? I'm really just looking for a fun hunt. But I don't want to shoot the first good buck knowing there are bigger out there. I have some family in Kemmerer that I will be visiting soon to do some scouting around.Should I concentrate my efforts in a certain area more than another? I guess I have a lot of questions but any information out there that might help me out would be very appreciated.

Thanks

If you shoot any of the first 10 bucks you see, you will be done by lunch.

It is one of the most fun hunts there is. Not huge bucks, but we shot one that was 2/8 short of making book.

The big bucks aren't near roads (tons of roads), we usually find them by walking little gulleys. They seem to stay bedded down and let the smaller bucks take the shooting.

I can't tell you where to go, because bucks seem to be everywhere. One place that gets overlooked is behind the campground at Fontenelle.

Hunt opening weekend. They get tough to find when the rut dies down.

Have fun and post pics.

Grizzly

You can move quicker on an atv, but I was there two years ago and the ruts were truck size (which is tough on atv's).

I bet you'll spend most of the day in the truck; but I'd take the wheeler and if I didn't unload it, that is fine too.

Grizzly

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom