Uprising In Boston......

AZStickman

BOSTON
National guard units seeking to confiscate a cache of recently banned assault weapons were ambushed on April 19th by elements of a Para-military extremist faction. Military and law enforcement sources estimate that 72 were killed and more than 200 injured before government forces were compelled to withdraw.

Speaking after the clash, Massachusetts Governor Thomas Gage declared that the extremist faction, which was made up of local citizens, has links to the radical right-wing tax protest movement. Gage blamed the extremists for recent incidents of vandalism directed against internal revenue offices. The governor, who described the group's organizers as "criminals," issued an executive order authorizing the summary arrest of any individual who has interfered with the government's efforts to secure law and order. The military raid on the extremist arsenal followed wide-spread refusal by the local citizenry to turn over recently outlawed assault weapons.

Gage issued a ban on military-style assault weapons and ammunition earlier in the week. This decision followed a meeting in early this month between government and military leaders at which the governor authorized the forcible confiscation of illegal arms.

One government official, speaking on condition of anonymity, pointed out that "none of these people would have been killed had the extremists obeyed the law and turned over their weapons voluntarily." Government troops initially succeeded in confiscating a large supply of outlawed weapons and ammunition. However, troops attempting to seize arms and ammunition in Lexington met with resistance from heavily-armed extremists who had been tipped off regarding the government's plans. During a tense standoff in Lexington 's town park, National Guard Colonel Francis Smith, commander of the government operation, ordered the armed group to surrender and return to their homes. The impasse was broken by a single shot, which was reportedly fired by one of the right-wing extremists. Eight civilians were killed in the ensuing exchange.

Ironically, the local citizenry blamed government forces rather than the extremists for the civilian deaths. Before order could be restored, armed citizens from surrounding areas had descended upon the guard units.

Colonel Smith, finding his forces over matched by the armed mob, ordered a retreat.

Governor Gage has called upon citizens to support the state/national joint task force in its effort to restore law and order. The governor also demanded the surrender of those responsible for planning and leading the attack against the government troops. Samuel Adams, Paul Revere, and John Hancock, who have been identified as "ringleaders" of the extremist faction, remain at large.

. . . And this, people, is how the American Revolution began .

April 20, 1775

LAST EDITED ON Jun-20-13 AT 02:10PM (MST)[p]

So I guess the meaning of this cut and pasted email is that there is the author believes it is time to again go to war against the government.

I am sure there are many on this forum that believe. I wonder how many actually have the nads to move forward with that notion. I bet the loud mouths will be the first to not sign up to take on our government.

Nemont

..........Spoken like a true war hero.

When you go swimming in the ocean, it is very cold, and it makes my willy small

Is the author or authors of this piece suggesting that we gather armories of weapons to use against the government or is this simply a third grade history lesson? Also just don't really see a flintlock being called an assault weapon definitely not the language of the time.

Anyone who considers a flintlock the same as a AR-15 with a box of 30 round clips would also consider Adam Lanza part of a well regulated militia.

Stay thirsty my friends

A modern day media mix on a 1775 event so I yeah a 3rd grade history lesson. It the muskets used by the infraction were not what you would consider assault rifles then what would you consider the rifles used by the opposing military forces?

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

Aren't all the weapons not considered assualt weapons by today's discription more lethal than a flintlock?

So even if they took the assault weapons americans would still be legally armed better than out forefathers ever dreamed of being.

What other irrelevant and childish comparisons do you have? 1775 flintlocks and an English general compared to Rambo guns in 2013 America . brilliant.

Stay thirsty my friends

Irrelevant and childish? Nope. The comparison is 1775 "rebel" muskets and military muskets. The military R&D basics of 1775 ain't to far from modern day military R&D, rounds per minute, ease of loading, accuracy, easy of use, reliability, and so on. The military rifles of 1775 used by the military were designed to kill and repel opposing forces. Kinda makes them rifles an assault rifle of the era IMO. Just a spin on 21st century lingo.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

The colonist were also fighting an occupying military sent to enforce the Intolerable Acts not their fellow colonists or a militia. The Patriots used militia's. the British used regular army. Just another inaccuracy on this inaccurate 21st century spin.

>
>
>
>Anyone who considers a flintlock the
>same as a AR-15 with
>a box of 30 round
>clips would also consider Adam
>Lanza part of a well
>regulated militia.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>Stay thirsty my friends

Hand You F'N Elk Rifle in FUDGEPACKER!

This Story happens alot it's True!
But Ya Best Hope it don't ever happen to you!

Elk rifle , excatly , no I think I'll hang onto my Model 70s. but you might not be able to buy anymore guns to play army man with one of these days.

Oh well, yawn.

Stay thirsty my friends

>Elk rifle , excatly , no
>I think I'll hang onto
>my Model 70s. but you
>might not be able to
>buy anymore guns to play
>army man with one of
>these days.
>
>Oh well, yawn.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>Stay thirsty my friends

You're So GAWD-DAMN Blind you can't see they'll take em all if you give em some!

GEEZUS!

>>Elk rifle , excatly , no
>>I think I'll hang onto
>>my Model 70s. but you
>>might not be able to
>>buy anymore guns to play
>>army man with one of
>>these days.
>>
>>Oh well, yawn.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>Stay thirsty my friends
>
>
>You're So GAWD-DAMN Blind you can't
>see they'll take em all
>if you give em some!
>
>
>GEEZUS!
>
>
>
>
>
>This Story happens alot it's True!
>
>But Ya Best Hope it don't
>ever happen to you!
>

And the sky continues to fall in bobbies world. I assume you're camped out on the front lawn of the White House waiting for that opportune moment to engage.

Good luck!

>>>Elk rifle , excatly , no
>>>I think I'll hang onto
>>>my Model 70s. but you
>>>might not be able to
>>>buy anymore guns to play
>>>army man with one of
>>>these days.
>>>
>>>Oh well, yawn.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>Stay thirsty my friends
>>
>>
>>You're So GAWD-DAMN Blind you can't
>>see they'll take em all
>>if you give em some!
>>
>>
>>GEEZUS!
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>This Story happens alot it's True!
>>
>>But Ya Best Hope it don't
>>ever happen to you!
>>
>
>
>
>And the sky continues to fall
>in bobbies world. I
>assume you're camped out on
>the front lawn of the
>White House waiting for that
>opportune moment to engage.
>
>Good luck!

You've already handed your Gun in Ziggy!

So STFU!

LAST EDITED ON Jun-20-13 AT 10:28PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jun-20-13 AT 10:27?PM (MST)

"So even if they took the assault weapons americans would still be legally armed better than out forefathers ever dreamed of being."

Would they 220? You have to put to comparison of how you are armed in counterpart to your opponent. In 1775 both sides were evenly matched with flintlocks. Today, not so much. Even with semi auto Rambo rifles, the civilian is outgunned by full auto weapons and other advanced weapons. Without the AR, it's even worse!

They have artillery, armor, and aircraft...we have none. We would have to hope that some would defect to the civilian side or steal it! The civilian militia was easily more evenly matched against their opponent than we would be today. The only thing we probably have is numbers.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-20-13 AT 10:17PM (MST)[p] Bobcat, thanks for your newscaster demo tape.

Stay thirsty my friends

STFU FUDGEPACKER!

I think We should Ban Muscle Cars!

F'Rs Kill people when not handled Properly!

Just Hand your Car in 440!

The SOB could get somebody Hurt!

Go ahead & Keep your KIA!

But that Bad-Ass Dodge has gotta go!

Your Buddy Obama wants the Car out of the Hands of people as yourself!

7793lj.jpg

Holy #####!

Is that Little Jimmy standing next to you?

LAST EDITED ON Jun-21-13 AT 08:49AM (MST)[p]Successful teachers present their lessons at the level of their target audience. I like to go just slightly higher to push folks a little. Honestly, knowing the makeup of this forum I thought 3rd grade comprehension might be setting the target a little high. I am surprised to see we appear to have extremely high functioning liberals in this crowd......... :) Terry

Zigger,

Since this is your response to me on every thread, how about this, go find where I claimed to be a "war hero".

I have said I served, highly doubt I claimed hero status but if you can find where I claimed it I will leave and never return, even with a different screen name.

If you can't find where I claimed to be a "war hero" how about you leave and never return even with out a different screen name?

Nemont

LAST EDITED ON Jun-21-13 AT 10:17AM (MST)[p]

Just like the muslims have their problems with conservatives we have our problems with them here.

Isn't it ironic our conservatives goal is to install more liberal leaders in other countries to curb the violence and hate while in our country the same conservatives promote viloience and hate.

Stay thirsty my friends

JUDAS!

I don't even get a Reply 440?

I'm Short!

But not as short as Little Jimmy!

You're not fooling anyone Jimmy Bobcat. you must stand out like a mule at the race track living in Utah.

Stay thirsty my friends

>You're not fooling anyone Jimmy Bobcat.
>you must stand out like
>a mule at the race
>track living in Utah.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>Stay thirsty my friends

I Said:

Are you Listening?

I'm JACK MORMON!

I stand out!

What part of Comprehension do you not Understand?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom