US 869 for 30-378

D

desertdeer

I shoot a 30-378 and reload for it. Had a good load with retumbo but didn't like the pressure spikes I sometimes got on a hot day. Switched to H1000 and it worked great, however it is scarce as can be so I picked up some us869. Its a relatively new powder and I cant find a lot of load data for it. One employee at sportsmans told me I could use the same data as h50bmg but I don't think I want to take that advice. So if anyone is working up a load or has access to some data I cant find I would appreciate the help. I am shooting 180 grain interbonds. I know I should be shooting heavier and I may have to switch over but with H1000 the 180's shot flattest out to 400. Thanks in advance

I shoot this cal 30-378 was using H1000 and didnt like it switched to reloader 25 and get really good results i shoot laupa 200 grain bullets. I heard of that us 869

I would like to try re25 but I cant find it anywhere either. I ended up getting some 200 grain bullets, loaded up a few loads and ill go see if they shoot. Thanks guys

I just switched to US 869 for the same reason I had been shooting
H 1000. But just like retumbo it has become so hard to come by.
The load that I found my gun really like is.
Barnes 180 TSX 118 Grains of US 869 3390 fps.
The Barnes book shows the max powder charge at 119.5
I just pickup 18 pound of reloader 22. I am going to give that a try but that is for later this year.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom