Ut/Id hog hunt info.

wyobackcountry

Me and a couple of buddies are looking into an archery hog shoot somewhere in Utah or Idaho. Anyone have any recommendations or words of caution they could share with us? We'd mostly be interested from central UT north to central Id. We're thinking March through May. Thanks.

Idk about idaho but I can tell you that the 1 in corrine has gone down hill in my opinion. When we 1st starting going there in 2006 it was actually like a hunt. 2yrs ago I took my son for his 1st pig and the pigs would come running like is it feed time. Last year they wouldn't even move just stood there and waited for u to shoot. Not hunting just killing only good part is the meat is awesome.

We just got done with a pig hunt in Castledale, it was with Garrett's, Owen was the guy to deal with and he said it was a little different than what he really does because we had guys in wheelchairs, prices were pretty reasonable $375-500 depending on how big you want, theyve taken 1100 lb pigs off the ranch. look up pig hunt near castledale, utah on youtube and it should give you a idea.

Skull Designs: Quality European Mounts at affordable prices

Euro just curious did you see the 1100lb pig? That would be a sight to see. For sure not a wild pig though. If you want a true wild pig hunt come to CA or head to Texas.

No prob if you want to do this, but if they are not free range, meaning have the ability to leave that property any time they choose to then it isn't a hunt it's a shoot. It may be legal, but it certainly isn't hunting.

Thanks again fellas! We have looked into a few places and I will look into all of the above. IMHO there's nothing better than first hand experience.

BPK if you read the first sentence in my post it says "hog shoot"! From the get go I assumed it wouldn't be much of a "hunt" and to be honest all we really want is to get away for a day or two and shot our bows at something other than a square target. Plus looking for some good meat to mix up the freezer. I understand that im looking at a high fence hunt and for a pig I could care less. Thanks for your concern!

The 1 in corrinne is called riverbend trophy hunts and again its not hunting but with a bow it could be fun I can tell you that the meat processor they use is oustanding and it will be probably the best pork you have eaten. If u want more info send me a pm

The 1 in corinne is called riverbend trophy hunts and again its not hunting but could be fun with a bow and its close if u live in northern utah. I can tell u for a fact that if u use their meat cutter it will probably be the best pork u have ever had. If u want more info send me a pm

there is one in shoshone ID. i havent been or several years but then it was 1 section of pretty much flat sage brush. no challenge at all. you could bring a rock and go away successfull. it is fun to get out tho for a day. cant remember the cost, 3-400 i believe.

Travis
www.RidgelineOutdoors.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom