Utah Application Question

Not this year. The application period was moved back a couple weeks. I think that start date is Jan. 22 and goes tell the end of Feb.

400bull

Wow! Usually the app deadline creeps up on me and I just get my app in just at the last minute. I tried to get on the Utah website and I can't even pull up the online app. That is why I asked. Thanks.

Steve

Possibly to make everyone buy another license, even if they just wanted points.

My lic. expired on the 12th. Could have used it for points, but not now.

So mine expires on Feb, 1 2009. I can apply this year using last years lisence?

I'm afraid I'd draw and they would say, sorry you don't have a current hunting license (at time of drawing) Just my luck.

Do NR's have to buy a license this year if you only want a point? That would really suck if that is the case.

Steve

Wiszard, Yes starting in 2007 you had to purchase a hunting license to get points in Utah.

THE LORD IS MY ROCK
COLORADO,USA
NRA LIFE MEMBER
HUNTING PASS IT ON

Ahhhhhhh...I guess I've been paying more than $5 a point for the past two years and didn't even know it!! HaHa. That sucks!! I can't afford to do that for Utah, AZ and Nevada anymore. I've got six points for Utah right now. What a waste! What's the best tag I can draw with 6 points? HaHa

Steve

If its deer points you can draw a South slope Dimond Mtn tag with 6 points for archery, and a good shot at Rifle and Muzzy.

Not the best hunt in the world but better than going with out.

Last year was the first year that you needed to buy a license to apply. And it is now $10 to apply not 5.

Jake H. MM Member since 1999.
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

nobark, you can get your point because your lic. is still good, just apply for it before the first of feb.

If you draw a tag, you'll just need to buy a new lic. before you hunt.

This is my understanding.

Actually if you look on page 10 of the regs, if your license is good on the day you apply you do not have to buy a new license for the actual hunt if you draw.

"Whatever you are, be a good one."
- Abraham Lincoln

WOW, that's amazing. I can't believe that I could draw a 2009 tag and not have to buy a new license.....Dang, they must have skipped class on the day they taught Government agencies how to get as much money as possible out of it's users!

I agree with jake diamond mountain is a good hunt and lots of bucks, with 6 points I think you have a great chance of drawing and getting a 170+ buck good luck!

Wow...thanks for the info guys. I didn't expect a serious answer to that. I will look into that hunt. Hell, I'd be happy with a 140" deer!! Thanks again guys.

Steve

Wizard,

You may also want to consider the Vernon unit with a muzzleloader. Your odds are not as good as Diamond Mountain, but depending on what other hunters do this year, there is a fair chance of drawing. I would say that your potential of a trophy is a little bit better and you won't have to fight with so much private land.

Good luck,

Jon
www.HuntersTrailhead.com

Can you apply for this years draw with last years lic.? My lic. is good to 2/5/09.So the online site will let you apply for all the hunts you request without any problems?Then if you draw you have to purchase new lic?

M02

Yep, just did it. My license expired tomorrow, and it let me apply without charging me for another license.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom