Utah Central mts Nebo

huntcrazyinCA

Hello all!! was recomended to this site from another site, WOW wish i found you all sooner.....bunch of crazy hunters like myself, im lovin it!!!
Well here it is it offical...........I Drew cental mts. nebo to say im extactic would be putting it lightly!!!! Well now the work starts!!!! Im going to order some maps tomarrow and look to talk to the bio in that area....I was hopin to put this out there and see if anyone has some info they would like to share......I cant tell ya how much it would be appreciated fellas, you can pm me, or e-mail me, or pm me and ill send ya my phone #.....thanks in advance fellas!!!!!!

Congrats on the tag. I have lived in its shadow and hunted Nebo for 40+ years and know it well. Its a beautiful piece of real estate. Most of it it steep and rugged. If you're just looking for a great hunt you won't be disappointed. Keep your expectations for the size of bull you want reasonable and you will do fine. If you are looking for a 320+ bull you will have to be lucky as well as good. The quality has nose dived the last 5 years because of antlerless harvest and the associated decrease in bull recruitment into the mature bull pool. I hunted it back in 98 with an LE tag and it was nothing short of phenomenol. 30+ bulls every day-- most of them 6x6. Chased a 7X7 for 8 days and ended up with a 320 6x6. Easily saw 100 to 200 elk a day. My sons hunt in 06 was very dissappointing. Saw an average of 3 bulls a day and about 13 - 15 elk total a day. But it was still a great hunt. If you need info about some of the better areas PM me.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom