Utah County Piebold Elk

slamdunk

This picture was posted today on Facebook in the Utah Elk Hunting page.
Salem cornfield.
Pretty cool!
Screenshot_20240112_185214_Facebook.jpg

That’s really cool, I’ve seen a few piebald coues before, but never elk or Muleys….

I feel sorry for you
I feel sorrier for you taking the internet as seriously as you do…. Holy balls, Life must be really hard not being able to understand humor and sarcasm. I live 15 minutes from her. She’s not a secret and she’s as safe as an elk can get so long as she doesn’t leave that field in the next 2 weeks. She was breathing air last I saw her.

I feel sorrier for you taking the internet as seriously as you do…. Holy balls, Life must be really hard not being able to understand humor and sarcasm. I live 15 minutes from her. She’s not a secret and she’s as safe as an elk can get so long as she doesn’t leave that field in the next 2 weeks. She was breathing air last I saw her.
She's dead

I’m trying to figure out how anyone can have any hard feelings about this if it’s legal. Someone had a cow tag. In the unit. During the season. Obviously no other issues if the DWR cleared it and some of you clowns are mad? Get a life. This is no different than someone pounding a 400”+ bull. They occur at about the same rate these days. Yet those guys get praise on their fully guided, high dollar or long awaited tag. Meanwhile someone filled a cow tag on an incredibly cool animal and there’s dudes upset over it. 🙄

Wow.

This is the kind of thing that gives hunters a bad rap, and on this one it's deserved. must feel like a real stud killing a special young cow.
Young? You can age an elk just off a Facebook pic? And here I thought tooth data was the most accurate and biologically accepted way. Silly me.

She was just as big (and bigger than many) as any other cow in the group she was with.

Good man you are

And I QUOTE:

hunters believe that only seeing a piebald means they'll have a bad hunting experience, and some will even give up on hunting for the moment. People in some parts of the United States even believe those who kill a piebald will die within a year.

And I QUOTE:

hunters believe that only seeing a piebald means they'll have a bad hunting experience, and some will even give up on hunting for the moment. People in some parts of the United States even believe those who kill a piebald will die within a year.
Elkassin’ january 13 2024
Thy record shall be k own

And I QUOTE:

Some believe in God. Some don’t. Some believe in Sasquatch. Some don’t. Some think Biden is a great president. Some don’t.

Perspective. Opinion.

But to be upset over someone’s choice on the cow they filled their antlerless tag with? Come on.

I saw this exact elk in question today. An hour later I took the safety off my rifle and filled my last antlerless tag of the season with a big cow, with my entire family there to witness and be apart of. I had a great hunting experience from start to finish today. Shot some ducks. Saw a pile of elk. Put some meat in a freezer. Even pulled out a stuck Subaru that slid off the road. Can’t imagine what kinda spectacular thing might have occurred if I hadn’t seen this cursed elk at all!

This Is The One Piebald I Seen In 2020 & I Don't Have A Pic Of The Other One!

I Posted This Pic A Few Years Back!

This Deer was Near The Colorado/Utah Line!

View attachment 133972
Cute little guy. Can’t say I’ve ever seen a piebald deer. But I have seen several pielbald elk over the years. I also saw that all black muley that lived in Monticello while I was hunting elk down there a few times. That thing was cool lookin!

I Saw A Different Bull Elk This Year I Could Have Shot!

He Was An Entire Chocolate Brown Color!

There Was No Difference In The Rump Color,Complete Body Chocolate Brown!

He Should Be Almost Big Enough To Shoot This Fall!

Probably Never See Him Again!

I Believe The Black Deer Lived In Moab?

Was There Another One?

Cute little guy. Can’t say I’ve ever seen a piebald deer. But I have seen several pielbald elk over the years. I also saw that all black muley that lived in Monticello while I was hunting elk down there a few times. That thing was cool lookin!

I’m not upset or casting spells, I never said that at all. I just said it’s bad medicine and I feel sorry for that dud.
You're trying to communicate with a guy who doesn't understand.

He already admitted he would target that calf because it's unique, when a cow hunt is for meat.

He is a "killer", not a "hunter".
There's a huge difference, he's already proven that with his poaching conviction.

He already admitted he would target that calf because it's unique, when a cow hunt is for meat.

There's a huge difference, he's already proven that with his poaching conviction.
you are 100% correct on that slam, thanks Helping me see that.

The roid gym opossum coming in hot with a zinger from something 12 years ago 🤣

That is not a calf. It was definitely a mature cow. Spend a little more time looking at animals instead of taking gym mirror selfies and you might be able to develop the skills required to distinguish between the two.

I’ll take the “killer” label as a compliment. 😘

It may come as a shock to you, but not everybody shares your opinion as to what the purpose(s) of a cow hunt is.

For many folks, any tag is just a fun time to get outside and try to kill something. The meat is just a bonus. And calf meat is extra delicious and way easier to pack out. I shoot calves and fawns at every opportunity I can. And the funnier part about folks getting upset over baby killers like myself, is biology is on my side of the argument. Killing calves vs breeding age cows is usually non additive mortality, as many of them die that first winter regardless.

And I QUOTE:

We all die any way. Only one way off this rock in the end. :/

Someone shot a white colored bull elk in Nevada last fall and posted it on MM. Lots of congrats to that person, but a cow elk gets shot legally and the person is going to die die a death of Indian carnage within a year?

Got it.

I Didn't Write It Up!

Just Posting It Up Because There Are People With Different Beliefs!

Wishing Now I'd Of Never Seen Any Piebalds!:D

Someone shot a white colored bull elk in Nevada last fall and posted it on MM. Lots of congrats to that person, but a cow elk gets shot legally and the person is going to die die a death of Indian carnage within a year?

Got it.

It may come as a shock to you, but not everybody shares your opinion as to what the purpose(s) of a cow hunt is.

For many folks, any tag is just a fun time to get outside and try to kill something. The meat is just a bonus. And calf meat is extra delicious and way easier to pack out. I shoot calves and fawns at every opportunity I can. And the funnier part about folks getting upset over baby killers like myself, is biology is on my side of the argument. Killing calves vs breeding age cows is usually non additive mortality, as many of them die that first winter regardless.
You are 100% correct, I cannot dispute that at all.

I’ve seen Horseys pics…..got no problem taking his advice ;)

Some of the locals here think you need to kill them or they will bring bad luck like some cultures believe owls will. They go to a church with a giant antenna on top.

Personally I’d rather see that elk standing in a field than in a pool of blood in an IG post.

Got it.
I never said that either. That would be terrible.

I didn’t think you could shoot rifles right there. Learn something new everyday. My pic was taken at 11 a.m. today. Someone knew the right person it looks like. Good for them!
Its in city limits and not legal to shoot there. I'm sure Salem pd would be interested to know who pulled the trigger

Poached a yearling cow on private property in city limits with a suppressor and 50’ away from a working jobsite … right off my construction acces road while my guys had the day off ….??

Must of been a hell of a hunt , I’m sure you worked your ass off for it !!
Good work hunter …

You must have some serious ties with DNR

Complete bullshit !

Hope ya hang that one in the wall loud and proud or are you just planning on “feeling the freezer “

Poached a yearling cow on private property in city limits with a suppressor and 50’ away from a working jobsite … right off my construction acces road while my guys had the day off ….??

Good work hunter …

Complete bullshit !

Hope ya hang that one in the wall loud and proud or are you just planning on “feeling the freezer “
Wondering if everyone would be concerned with the location if it wasn’t a unique animal?

Wondering if everyone would be concerned with the location if it wasn’t a unique animal?
Still private property
Trespassing
Working jobsite
Still city ordinances

The hunter reached out to the landowner and was told no but did it anyways

And last I checked a 16yo can’t posses a silencer

agreed but would everyone be so pissed off and having it make the headlines he’ll I saw 4 cows shot this morning on fields I know them ducks didn’t have permission
But they was just normal elk and I I don’t think they had suppressors

There's no reason to shoot that cow instead of another one standing next to it. Except that tag holder would rather it be dead than alive.

To me, that type of person is the same type that would shoot a buck tangled up in a fence and say, "I had a tag, it was legal." That may be technically true, but it's not right in my book.

This specific elk clearly drew a local crowd of onlookers that somebody decided to seize for themselves.

Some people just want something to die. Others understand there's more to hunting than killing, like conservation of wildlife for the enjoyment of all.

The latter type of hunter doesn't shoot a trapped deer and doesn't shoot a special elk when another elk is standing three feet away.

If it's truly a 16yr old, that makes sense since the killing of that cow seems terribly immature to me.

Good work hunter …

Complete bullshit !

Who Knows, maybe their dad is a WB member… 🤣

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom