Utah County Piebold Elk

SS just go stick your head back under that snow bank you pulled it out of, and leave it there until spring. Maybe you will make some sense by then.
That’s not very nice. Maybe it’s just a coincidence that the bull you posted pics of has never been seen after the other bull was killed?

I thought Indians were good trackers 😂

I have no information about whether this animal was harvested legally or not, but if it was illegal, I don't care if the elk was brown, piebald, black, or purple. The person should be held accountable for that. The characteristics of the animal are irrelevant to that equation. But, for sake of argument, let's assume it was harvested legally. I would argue the characteristics of the animal are still irrelevant to the equation.

What the heck does anyone here care at that point? A person had an antlerless elk tag and killed an antlerless elk. Whether they did it for the uniqueness of the animal or simply for the meat...who cares? I see on this forum all the time people congratulating hunters for such "cool character" on animals. Why are cow elk immune from that analysis? And who got to decide that?

Some of you on this thread sound like Jimmy Kimmell fake crying on his tv show over Cecil the Lion several years back.

The fake outrage in our society these days never ends man. It gets old fast!
Don't know if I could have said it better myself. As hunters, the trophy is in the eye of the beholder. Unless illegal, we should stick together and support each other, even when our standards are different.

On a recent WY hunt, I passed on deer that others in my party shot. They were happy, and I was happy for them.

On a subsequent NE hunt, I shot a deer that many on here would have passed. But, I was happy with it.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom