Utah Drybread CWMU

I guided on it for two years what are you hunting? P.M. I would love to help you out. Great CWMU

I guided a Moose hunter on it in October of 2002 via Redd Ranches. If your bull tag is for moose, there are some dandys. Hold out for a good one. If your bull tag is for elk, I've seen pictures of some good elk to come off there, but I never actually seen a bull myself. In fact, only a small heard of cows. I did see a buck that would leave the best of us studdering stupid.

It's rugged country. Take a good pack frame and a better pair of boots, and an even better pair of binos. There isn't a lot of vehicle access.

Good luck,

Todd

I drew an Elk tag for that unit in 2001. I don't know if my experience on it would help or not but I'll give it just in case :) There are tons of really nice bull moose on the unit. I also saw 3 or 4 bucks pushing 180-200. As far as elk go...I never got one. I passed up on a small 5 point satellite bull on the 3rd or 4th day of my hunt and never saw another bull. I was told by the operator that the elk usually pass through that unit headed for winter range...so later in the year. I did see a few cows but they were scarce. I covered a lot of ground. On the last day of my hunt one of the paying customers was put on a 380 class bull that had just moved onto the property, so they're definitely there if your lucky enough to get catch them at the right time. We had road access up there so it was easier to get around. I also used horses which made covering ground easier. The bull that was taken was located in the far south canyon on the unit...I'd have to have a map to pinpoint a closer description!

from what I have been told most of the resident herd hangs out on the rim overlooking the monte cristo road. I looked into buying a tag about 8 years ago and that is where he told me most of the elk will be.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom