Res Gen Elk..............$60.........$65
Res L.E. Bull Elk.........$180.......$280
Res Turkey...............$30.........$40
Nonres Gen Deer.......$208........$263
Nonres Gen Elk..........$333.......$388
Nonres L.E. Bull Elk....$483........$795
Nonres Turkey..........$55.........$100

What does eveyone think?
Is there any other state that charges that kind of $$$ for a resident L.E. Elk permit?

I hope I draw an LE Elk permit this year! I might have to look at hunting Montana..... I dont know of any other state that charges that much money for a resiident LE elk tag!

No need to worry ladies and gentlemen. This will never happen. Utah has the Sportsmen for Fish and Wildlife and they will come to our rescue. They have promised to take care of all my wildlife concerns and worries if I'll just send them some more money.

I have complete faith in them and they'll never allow this to happen. None of you need to worry about this because our faithful SFW board will never allow hunting fees to be raised while hunting opportunity declines.

So stop worrying, this will not happen, not today, not ever. The Sportsman for Fish and Wildlife will save us from this awful fate. It's not about money, it's about wildlife. Always has been. And you can take that to the bank!!

Not only are they charging us $100 more for an elk permit but they also approved charging each one of us $5 for government hunters to trap,poison,and shoot every single coyote in Utah. Why does the state need $500,000 to exterminate one of the few remaining hunting opportunities we have after our frustrating attempts at filling our deer and elk tags. (Don't blame the depleting herds on coyotes, the problem is far larger than that)

Hey old veteran,
do you really think that 500,000 is going to be enough to kill every single coyote in Utah. Definately not it is going to go to killing the problem coyotes. Live with it, prices rise just look at gasoline, the prices of permits could go up 5x more and still be worth it. If its that big of a deal to you move somewhere else.

And I thought our increases this year were high. Our turkey here in Wyo is omly $12. Now if I could only draw.
Michael

By the sound of things you got it all figured out, (True Deceiver). So starting now I am going to sit on my fat lazy ass just like you and do nothing but ##### about what everyone else is trying to accomplish. Its people like you that make me sick. Their are thousands of people out their tryin to fight for our passion of hunting and the outdoors. Where are you when the RAC meets? Where are you when the wildlife board meets? Where are you when people are trying to raise money to protect our rights? Where are you? Oh yeah your sitting on your ass in front of your computer complaining about what everyone else is trying to do! I will tell you while your sitting on your ass The SFW will be at these meetings trying to preserve our passion for hunting and everything related. Not everything is going to happen the way we would all like it too. But at least there is somebody out there trying to make a difference. Proud member of the SFW MULEYNUTS

RD Slow down a little bit boy, read my post again. Never before has the coyote been subjected to as much hunting pressure as they are now. Like everyone else I enjoy this opportunity. However I have hunted the parched landscape where the paid govt. hunters have poisoned and aerial hunted to the degree that coyotes are nearly eliminated. I'd gladly pay $50 to the DWR to leave coyote control to the sportsmen. P.S Do you really think I should leave because I'm concerned over a loss of hunting opportunity ...mmmmm?

Sport hunting will never be enough to control coyotes. Not even close. Hunters can control lion and bear but not coyotes. History has proved that a hundred times over. Planes and choppers can't even kill them all. Next to habitat, coyotes are next in line for deer impact. No fawn survival= no deer.

I've got to agree it would take a lot to wipe the coyotes out. Like I said these increases are going to go to getting the "problem" coyotes in the areas that really need help

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom