Utah Mt Goat Video

Momma, momma.......get up momma...

When you go swimming in the ocean, it is very cold, and it makes my willy small

Wapiti,

Great job videoing your hunt.

Question. After posting on You Tube your video has an overwhelming negative response to your shooting what looked like a nanny with her kid standing next to her.

This gives hunting a big black eye. Maybe finding a different venue for your videos to avoid such an outcry? I don't know but when you pulled the trigger I had a very negative feeling and I'm in the hunting business. I was lucky to kill a B&C goat in Alaska a few years ago and also lucky we had a few billies to choose from. I don't think I would have shot a nanny in any event. The goat beside her (smaller animal) looked big enough to survive irregardless of what the anti's say but they don't see it that way.

That hunt by the way was my lifelong dream as I saw goats in the Colorado Rockies as a boy and it took me almost 60 years to realize that dream.

I can relate to your hunt but would like your take on what went down. I know you were trying to beat the incoming snow storm and don't know the length of your season or any of those kinds of details.

Great video and nothing wrong with shooting a nanny. You have nothing to be sorry about, and I applaud you posting the video. There is no way to make the anti's happy, and screw them anyhow.

The nanny's need to be thinned on the Willard, and that is why tags are given each year. Some people spend too much time trying to make everyone else happy instead of enjoying their own life.
Looks like a great hunt and a quality video.
Thanks,
Bill

llamapacker,

Thanks for you take on it. Like you say that unit probably needs to thin out the nannies.

I remember a few years ago in Washington State in the Olympics, authorities went in and wiped out herds of goats shooting them out of helicopters because they were supposedly over grazing or harming the above timberline eco system. Crazy. Let hunters do it!

On a the same line last year the NM Game Dept. was forced by the BLM to go in and have an unlimited hunt to kill out a big part of our Persian Ibex (over 900 hunters)(what a wreak) because the Ibex were supposedly harming the range. At least the hunters got to do it but what a crying shame. God we just had that herd where someone could possibly draw a trophy Ibex hunt.

Thanks for all the positive comments. It was honestly an amazing hunt and an absolute amazing experience. If you have ever had the opportunity to hunt these animals don't pass it up!!!!

Awesome video / hunt. Your camera guy did a great job. The editing work was equally great. Well thought out and put together. We have filmed some of our hunt but nothing turns out as well as yours. So the big question is Rug? head shoulder? Half or full body mount?

DZ

Congratulations and thank you for allowing us to live out this dream hunt vicariously through you and a great DIY video and hunt.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-26-14 AT 01:29PM (MST)[p]Stoney -

I just wanted to add a few thoughts to your feedback for Casey.

For starters, this was a nanny only tag so shooting a billy is not an option.

In regards to the "black eye" I would argue that Casey's hunting channel on You Tube has drawn in a number of viewers who previously had zero interest or knowledge about hunting and the outdoors.

His ability to document his lifestyle has turned many non-believers into a more educated audience who better understand what we do. This venue is a great resource to educate more people on the passion that we all enjoy.

Anytime you have that number of impressions (over 60k views) you are going to get negative feedback. It happens on any internet platform where people can hide behind their computers and make uneducated comments.

Thanks for sharing Case, the quality you are producing continues to improve and it has been fun to watch.

That's on my bucket list as well, but just a few mountains to the south (Timp). Can't wait to give it a go with a bow as well. Great video!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom