Utah Muzzy dates

saddlesorerider

The Muzzy dates are 5 days later than last year.I only have 9 NR points so I was looking at the odds and thought I might get lucky in the draw. Will the rut be over and the bigger bulls have left the cows this late in the season?

That'll be like trying to Out Guess the Weather!

Between the Archery Hunters & the Early Rifle Hunters the Bulls Are Educated like You Ain't Never Seen!

Weather Has Been Warmer later the last several years!

On Certain Years in certain Units I have Seen the Muzz Hunt perty Hot!

Also have seen it Perty Tough!

5 Days later might help with some Possible Cooler Weather?

5 Days later might be further out of the Rut!

[font color="blue"]"This is the USA where people get Paid to Watch
People that are
Watching You!"[/font]

Sorry I needed to be more clear.when I general rifle hunt which is after the limited entry muzzy hunt there still with cows and still very active you should be just fine I haven't had any problems with this good luck but FYI you might need more points than 9 being NR.good luck to you hope you kill a big one and have fun doing it.

Muzzle loader tags just got harder to draw in Utah. With the new rule change allowing any magnification scopes. You will have all the long range wanna be's trying to smoke a bull at 500+ yards with their 50 cal. This year's draws could be interesting!

"Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day!" -Harry S. Truman

Thanks to everyone for their answers.
My son in law has the points to pull an archery tag in AZ but now that AZ changed the rules I'm not sure that will happen. I was looking at the Muzzy tag as it is just after AZ and the odds were better than archery of early rifle. I know I'm a day late and a few points short of a decent guarantee hunt but I apply every year hoping to get lucky and pull a full on rut hunt. I hunted WY last year and the rut was still going strong on the second week of Oct.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom