Utah SFW guy??

runamuk

Very Active Member
Sounds like a SFW plant, anybody heard of or know him?

This guy has been here for less than 7 years and is running for a seat with the IDF&G commission.
Here's a quote from the article.

?I think I have a very firm grasp of the region,? he said. ?I understand the challenges that we have.?

Ketchum Planning Director Micah Austin is one of three finalists for the chance to represent the Magic Valley Region on the Idaho Fish and Game Commission.

The seat became vacant when Gov. Butch Otter declined to reappoint former Magic Valley representative Mark Doerr, a Kimberly resident, when his seat on the seven-member commission expired at the end of June. The Salmon Region seat is also vacant following the expiration of Challis resident Will Naillon?s term.

According to a story in the Twin Falls Times-News, 16 people applied for the Magic Valley Region seat. That number was whittled down to three by a three-person panel. Austin said he is scheduled to be interviewed by the governor on Sept. 12.

The appointments for the four-year terms will need to be confirmed by the Senate this winter.

This is Austin?s second attempt at securing the mostly volunteer job. He applied in 2013, but didn't make the final cut.

Austin, 34, grew up in Cache Valley, Utah, and moved to Idaho in 2009, first to work for the city of Jerome and then Hailey before moving to Ketchum.

?I think I have a very firm grasp of the region,? he said. ?I understand the challenges that we have.?

Austin said fish and game business runs in the family, as his father worked as a biologist for the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources.

He said he's been a hunter since he was 12, and now hunts deer and elk with a .54-caliber black-powder muzzle-loader that he bought from a former mountain-man revival enthusiast. He also hunts upland birds and fly-fishes.

?Idaho is a real leader in the West in a lot of ways,? he said. ?I think Fish and Game has done a real fine job of managing our wildlife resources so that they're available to all demographics, and I want to keep it that way.?

Austin said he's impressed with the amount of information available on the department's website, and would like to keep improving it.

Otter?s decision to not reappoint the two incumbents is widely attributed to opposition by the commission to proposals in the Legislature to auction off some hunting tags and to allow landowners who participate in the state?s wildlife habitat-protection program to sell tags allocated to them.

The commission?s objections to those proposals, as well as to one that would allow hunters to pay an extra fee to improve their drawing odds for controlled hunts, were expressed in a guest opinion in the Idaho Statesman in April 2015. The piece was blamed for a subsequent vote in the Legislature prohibiting the Department of Fish and Game from buying the Rock Creek Ranch west of Hailey for use as a game-management area.

http://www.mtexpress.com/news/envir...cle_ebcb81b8-747f-11e6-af65-9347c300eb78.html

Was looking for the smoking gun??? Not even a spent cartridge. Did I miss something about him being a SFW plant?

This "plant" just seems like a guy with some interest in serving (Mostly volunteer). I know this is a foreign concept for some.

I've never heard of the guy and we all know what a SFW slut I am! Just ask all those "fine" gentlemen who call my character into question for being a member. I'm sure they have all the answers from the basement of their mommy's house.

I too was looking for a smoking gun to validate the inflammatory post but I see none exists. Perhaps it's just a case of sour grapes.....again.

Carry on,
Zeke

LAST EDITED ON Sep-07-16 AT 10:31AM (MST)[p]I have been involved with SFW and conservation groups in Cache Valley for over 20 years. His Dad was a respected biologist for the DWR. His Dad worked with sportsmen in a good honest manner. I'm pretty sure his son hasn't attended many banquets if any. We had to have assigned seats since banquets for the most part were sold out.

This is a statement from the applicant Austin.
?Idaho is a real leader in the West in a lot of ways,? he said. ?I think Fish and Game has done a real fine job of managing our wildlife resources so that they're available to all demographics, and I want to keep it that way.?

Austin said he's impressed with the amount of information available on the department's website, and would like to keep improving it.

I don't know Micah, who is applying, but if he is like his father he is a good, honest guy, trying to contribute. You might want to visit with him??? You might owe him an apology as well.

Otter?s decision to not reappoint the two incumbents is widely attributed to opposition by the commission to proposals in the Legislature to auction off some hunting tags and to allow landowners who participate in the state?s wildlife habitat-protection program to sell tags allocated to them.

The commission?s objections to those proposals, as well as to one that would allow hunters to pay an extra fee to improve their drawing odds for controlled hunts, were expressed in a guest opinion in the Idaho Statesman in April 2015. The piece was blamed for a subsequent vote in the Legislature prohibiting the Department of Fish and Game from buying the Rock Creek Ranch west of Hailey for use as a game-management area.
----------------------------------------------------------
What's posted above is what I would consider the smoking gun.

Our Governor decided not to reappoint two highly respected commissioners simply because they stood up for the majority of Idaho's sportsman when we made it plain as can be that we were against auctioning tags, selling landowner permits and a point system, you know, kinda like the circle jerk you got going in Utah that SFW created.

So now the Governor is looking to fill those two seats and one of the top three candidates has only lived in the state for 7 years and is from Utah, now that to me is a red flag!!

It's no secret that SFW has been trying to get their hands on the best tags Idaho has to offer for more than a decade, it's also apparent that they are very persistent and will stop at nothing until they get them.

So from what I can make of it SFW has bought out many of the right politicians in Utah and have taken over many of the positions with F&G in Utah so now they (SFW) pretty much rule the roost.

SFW has managed to buy out some politicians in Idaho but up to this point they have not been able to break in to any positions with F&G, but from the way these two very highly respected commissioners lost their seats I'm led to believe that SFW has finally kicked in the door and shove one of them Utah boys right on in.

Now I'd love to sit on my ass and argue with you fellas over this, but I'm oout'a here for another week of Elk hunting and when I come back I will put my bow up get a poke then grab my rifle and take off on what should be an incredible Deer hunt that I drew.

I better enjoy what great hunting opportunities I have now
cuz I got a feeling that once those two seats are filled my opportunities will dwindle rapidly.

"You're led to believe" hahaha
That's rich!

This sounds like YOU have a political problem and you're willing to blame something of which you know nothing. But some are willing to post such drivel to garner the adulations of others.

Keep up the good hunting, get your poke and go hunt again and maybe it will clear your head and enlighten your mind.

Good luck our hunting bro!
Zeke

Whenever I travel to the Wood River Valley I see A LOT of support for SFW up there. No doubt whoever is picked for the commission jobs will bow to the state politicians who wish to profit from Idahos wildlife, one way or another. It will be a silent requirement to get the job. Sad but true.

Since the guy is originally from Utah he is probably Mormon. So what the hell, let's tar and feather him because he might be a follower of the principles of the ten commandments and if that doesn't work let's get the rope and find an tall oak tree and hang his azz because he might also be a SFW plant. WOW. Sounds like Obama and Chicago style politics.

I don't know anything about Mr. Austin or what his views are but based upon his linked in account he looks like a sharp guy. I understand and appreciate the concerns of Idaho sportsmen regarding the push from some legislators to adopt the Utah model. However, don't assume that everyone with Utah roots is a supporter of the wealth tag train. Many Utah sportsmen are unhappy with the current system but the vast majority simply don't care so long as they have a tag each year and have not personally felt the impact. I have no clue what Mr. Austin's views are on these issues. Why don't you contact him and ask him?

Good luck with your hunts.

-Hawkeye-

I'm with you runamuck. Otter getting rid of commission members because they don't agree with his agenda is BS. I'm concerned as well about some F'N Utard who's only lived in idaho for a short time making wildlife decisions in idaho. We gotta keep the $FW filth out of idaho. God forbid the day that their slimy paws get a foothold.

LMFAO... F'N UTARD. Finally, Kalifornicatians are not the most hated non resident hunters. SW Desert bulls here we come!

Sorry you lost me Idaho is a real leader in the west! Hey will you inform all the guys and girls that buy all the private tags in our states of that. Wanna know the real difference between the SF&W and the state. The SF&W has to put 80 percent of funding back into the community (By Law) and the state only has too put 10-20 percent back into it by choice. Also the SF&W has like 100 million dollars in the bank to fight off the anti's when they come, the state has almost none and I doubt they'd put up the fight anyways. I'm not even gonna mention how the DWR ran our wildlife into the ground and it was the SF&W that has finally brought it back. So anyone associated with them is Aces in my book period!

>Sorry you lost me Idaho is
>a real leader in the
> west! Hey will
>you inform all the guys
>and girls that buy all
>the private tags in our
>states of that. Wanna know
>the real difference between the
>SF&W and the state. The
>SF&W has to put 80
>percent of funding back into
>the community (By Law) and
>the state only has too
>put 10-20 percent back into
>it by choice. Also
>the SF&W has like 100
>million dollars in the bank
>to fight off the anti's
>when they come, the state
>has almost none and I
>doubt they'd put up the
>fight anyways. I'm not even
>gonna mention how the DWR
>ran our wildlife into the
>ground and it was the
>SF&W that has finally brought
>it back. So anyone associated
>with them is Aces in
>my book period!

80% by law Huh? LMAO!!!! It's best to check your facts before you post.
How about all the years when $FW was pocketing 100% for the sell of public tags and giving nothing back?? Now they give some back alright, but no where near the 80% you're claiming.
$FW can choke on a ****.

"SF&W has like 100 million dollars in the bank to fight off the anti's." Easy there cowboy. I think you are going a little overboard. If SFW had a 100 million in the bank then perhaps it could start providing a real accounting for our expo dollars. Nor better yet, fund the expo without 200 welfare tags. Better check your sources.

-Hawkeye-

LAST EDITED ON Sep-14-16 AT 03:53PM (MST)[p]I wish he were talking about MY bank account!
You "little people" would never have to hear from me again if I had that dough! I'm close but only $99,999,999.37 away!

Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom