Utah vs Alabama?

T

tageater

I know most of you are NOT University of Utah fans or Univerity of Alabama fans, but you still have a feeling on who will win that particular game. I wanna hear what ya'll think of this match up.

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

I NEVER THOUGHT ALABAMA WAS THAT GOOD TO START WITH....BUT THEY ARE A BIG FISH IN A BIG POND......UTAH IS JUST A GOOD TEAM......BET ON THE TIDE.....YD.

Yep......a staunch U of U fan, and yep....I'm nervous. If Utah shows up to play with the big boys and doesn't get all caught up in the hipe then I think they have a good shot. Their run defense is as good as anybody else in the country and you saw what they did to BYU's passing threat. If the real Utes show up to play I'm predicting a Utah win. Anybody know the Vegas line on the game?

It's always an adventure!!!
www.awholelottabull.com

I just looked up the odds and its Alabama -11 /-10.5 on most sites....over under 45.5

I'm stuck a little bit, being a good old Southern boy, from L.A.(Lower Alabama), S.E.C/A.C.C football is what i grew up watching and believing what football was supposed to be....but now living in Utardia, i kinda feel the slightest tug for hoping Utah can play a good game.

well til i saw them odds and i just dont think that with the performance i saw out of Alabama, in Atlanta last week, that they can cover the 11 points. So my best case senario, Alabama wins by 7. I get the SEC win and can still bet the money on utah?

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

What other games are as interesting as this one?

Go Utes! But I will take Bama in a route just like the spanking Hawaii got last year by Georgia.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-11-08 AT 07:24PM (MST)[p] Jeez! they don't play pass happy sissy ball south of mason dixson!! Tide Rolls.......

Get your hunt on!!
tixs,lodging,for you
cruises,trips for her!
songdogtravel.com

>Yep......a staunch U of U fan,
>and yep....I'm nervous. If
>Utah shows up to play
>with the big boys and
>doesn't get all caught up
>in the hipe then I
>think they have a good
>shot. Their run defense
>is as good as anybody
>else in the country and
>you saw what they did
>to BYU's passing threat.
>If the real Utes show
>up to play I'm predicting
>a Utah win. Anybody
>know the Vegas line on
>the game?

Yeah, and look how great the Ute's run defense was against BYU!! It was pitiful. Max Hall did more to screw up BYU's pass offense than Utah's defense did....most High School teams could've figured out where Max Hall was passing the ball in that game.

As a BYU fan, Im torn. A win for the Utes is good for BYU. It makes the MWC conference that much better. It makes BYU's SOS much stronger, and will only help BYU get a higher starting ranking next year. But as a BYU fan, I have a hard time cheering for the Utes in any situation....but then again, Nick Saban is a douche bag, and I would love to see him cry after a loss.

Exactly what I would expect from a BYU fan! Utah didn't win that game "BYU lost it", "Max Hall was Utah's MVP", "We beat ourselves", etc., etc., etc.! Cry me a river. If Utah loses to Alabama it's expected. If BYU loses to Arizona (which is very possible) the excuses will start flyin like the pheasants in Kansas! I hope Utah beats Alabama or at least makes a good showing and I hope BYU and TCU win their bowl games. You are right about one thing it's good for the conference if they all do good.

It's always an adventure!!!
www.awholelottabull.com

Aint that the truth, BYU would be undefeted over the last 30 years if they hadn't beat themselves....sarcasm rolling forth! lmao actually.

As i said i think the TIDE wins but i dont think they cover 11 points? Is that a close enough game to make the MWC look ok? Probably.

I am off for the week of Dec31-Jan6th,So i am looking forward to watching a lot of college ball games, i hope my family dont screw it up for me.

UTAH is going to win. I cant belive I was the first one to say that.

Jake H. MM Member since 1999.
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

>I'm stuck a little bit, being
>a good old Southern boy,
>from L.A.(Lower Alabama),

Where are you originally from, Tageater? I'm from south Alabama too.....Brewton

Scott
Member: RMEF, SCI, and NRA

Anyone remember Georgia vs Hawaii last year? This will be a pretty similar game. Alabama via blowout...........

We finally got what we want. And that is to finally play someone decent in a bowl game. I hope the utes make the most of it. I think it will be a closer game than people think...Everyone is using the Hawaii-Georgia game as a comparison, how 'bout Boise State-Oklahoma? How did that turn out? And I am so sick and tired of the excuses the byu fans are giving! Get over it! You were schlacked by a better team, and thats a fact...Good luck with Arizona. Go Utes!!!

I was ecstatic for Boise St when they beat OK but they were worn out, had to use a bunch of trick plays and had a bunch of luck to beat a team that did not want to play in that game in the first place. Boise was motivated and OK was disappointed they were not in a better game. Nick Saban will have Bama ready this is a springboard game for his recruiting and working his way to a title game shot. Go Gators! The Utes are going to find out what physical football is. Bama will shove it down their throats. I heard ESPN radio yesterday that the line size on average is 75lbs different from Utah to Bama. Bama in a route.

I put the office pool together today.

It was Utah +10.5 points.

I'm considering taking the points . . . .

I do think BYU will beat Arizona FWIW

Utah is gonna get their ass kicked....the better game would of been Utah against Boise State.

>Utah is gonna get their ass
>kicked....the better game would of
>been Utah against Boise State.
>

Why? Utah would destroy Boise State. I think TCU is going to destroy Boise St.

I think the Utah/Alabama game is going to be much closer than people expect. If Utah plays a near perfect game and doesn't turn the ball over, then they have a real chance at beating Alabama.

I'm with you tuff, the game is going to be pretty close. TCU is the best team in the mountain west IMHO, and they will kick the crap out of Boise State. Just watch and see.

Boise State has not been destroyed since they played at Georgia.

The past few years Boise State has beat TCU,Oregon,Oregon State, Utah,BYU and Oklahoma. Sure they play in a weak conference but they have beat some quality teams along the way. Boise State will give TCU all they can handle.

I hope Utah plays well against Alabama, but this game has trouble written all over it for Utah.

Utah loses to Alabama by 24, TCU beats BSU by 7. I wish the Utes well, but Bama is just a whole different ball game compared to anybody that they have ever played.

The Y got beat by a better team, that is fact. Allthough, when you are running the ball at 7.5 yards per carry, chances are that you should stick with that tactic. Thank you Robert and Max for your fine efforts! Anyways, thanks to the U for bringing money and noteriety to the MWC with thier great season this year. Sad to say that they will not come within 17 points of the tide.

Boise St and Utah are both going to get hammered. Boise has not played a physical team like TCU. TCU is the real deal and lost the Utah game on botched field goals and then lost to Oklahoma which is no reason to not hold their heads up. Utah is just going to get the hammered. Bama is bigger, faster, and ticked they are not playing for the title.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom