Utah Wolf Resolution

eyeguard

Found this in the Des News on Wednesday 2/16. Just an FYI... not sure how much good it will do, but at least it lets Utahns and everyone else know where the Utah Senate stands. I find it interesting that 1 senator actually voted against it (probably because the Democrat was an extremist himself!).

SALT LAKE CITY ? The Utah Senate passed a resolution Wednesday urging Congress to remove wolves from the Endangered Species List.
"We have replaced ourselves at the top of the food chain with the wolf," said Senate Majority Leader Scott Jenkins, R-Plain City.
Jenkins said wolves have wiped out a favorite elk hunting ground in the Jackson Hole area, robbing hotels and restaurants of business.
The proliferation of wolves the past few years threatens the Utah economy, particularly in agricultural areas, said Sen. Allen Christensen, R-North Ogden. Not only are wolves hurting rural jobs, they are taking a toll on wildlife and livestock, killing pets and threatening people.
Sen. Chris Buttars, R-West Jordan, said animals have "ups and downs, but a wolf is a killing machine, is a killing machine, is a killing machine. That's it."
Senators approved the measure 26-1, with Sen. Ross Romero, D-Salt Lake, casting the dissenting vote. He said he wasn't comfortable with what he saw as inflammatory language in the resolution, which calls groups blocking the delisting "extremists."
Sen. Gene Davis, D-Salt Lake, too, has a problem calling people who disagree on the wolf issue extremists, but said he voted in favor to send a message to Congress.
Christensen said state wildlife agencies are better prepared to manage wolves than the federal government. A similar resolution was introduced in Washington on Wednesday, he said.

campfire2.gif
"A man can be hard to find in the mountains, but you're welcome at my fire anytime."

It looks like the sportsman are finally banding together and their voices are being heard by the law-makers.

Good for them, good for us. We need this win or everything, as we know it, will change.

Zeke

Bravo for the Utah Senate to make their concerns known to
Washington. Hopefully this is the beginning that other state
legislatures will do the same.

ELDORADO

Amen! Maybe with the Montana Governor sending that letter to Salazar and now at least one or two states getting into the fray, it will snowball and the feds will get it done or the Bill in DC will be passed.

That is good to see. I would encourage all of you to contact your state representatives, and encourage them to introduce a similar resolution. I would also encourage all of you to visit Big Game Forever's website, and send emails. It doesn't cost you a penny (unless you want to donate), and it simplifies contacting your US Representatives. It only takes approximately 5 minutes.

I would also encourage you to contact Rep Mike Simpson (R-ID), and ask him to reconsider his position on leaving WY out of HB509 and S249. Simpson's contact number is 208-334-1953 or Idaho citizens can email him via his website.

It is time we all become involved!

I applaud Utah for finally doing something instead of just talking about it! Hopefully this will send a strong message, along with that of the Montana Gov., and the federal Govt will have to do something.

"The freedom of the (outdoors) is not negotiable. We cannot negotiate with those who say, "What's mine is mine and what's yours is negotiable."

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom