Utard fly-over complete!

ismith

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Apr-16-07 AT 10:39AM (MST)[p]Just got back from aerial gunnery training in Utah. For those of you that have never experienced shooting a M240D from a chinook helicopter flying terrain at 130 knots 100 ft off the deck...........:D}> We had a PA guy filming and taking photographs with a brand new D2X camera so I hope to get some video and pictures and Ill be sure to share them when I get them.
ismith

45f82e4d30de4f30.jpg

I would love to see that stuff, where was the training at? Was this for qualification or combat excersizes? I know you did well or you would be retraining as we type!!!

Okay, I'm from the old school-all we had were belt fed M-60's 7.62 mm. Fill us in on this new weapon-inquiring minds want to know!!

Well the M240B/D is belt fed just like the M60, has a 650 Rounds per minute cyclic rate, and is much less prone to jam. They are also a shorter weapon and the new butterfly grips on the D make it much easier to fire with one hand. The butterfly grip swaps out with the buttstock included in the spare barrel bag in seconds. The barrel doesnt heat up really fast either, and we were rockin and rollin. SWEET WEAPON!
ismith

45f82e4d30de4f30.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom