Vacation Ideas

SWB

Hi Everyone. My family is planning a trip to Boise Idaho. We are going to pick-up a pudelepointer pup from Bob Farris of Cedarwoods Kennels. We will be leaving Santa Fe Friday the 17 after my wife and I get off work. We will be taking my F350 crew cab with an overhead camper. We are would like to see the sights and camp where we can on the way. I would to take my wife and daughter to Antelope Island at Salt Lake.
I just wanted to ask for any ideas of places to see and visit between Santa Fe NM and Boise Idaho. Any information is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
SWB

You might enjoy:

Durango, CO is in a very attractive area.

Silverton and/or Telluride, CO are off the beaten path and worth a visit.

Mesa Verde near Cortez CO

Monument Valley, South of Blanding Utah

Moab, Utah (Arches National Park)

Lake Powell, Utah Between Blanding and Hanksville, Utah

Capital Reef National Park By Bicknell, Utah

Fish Lake Near Loa, Utah

Gets a little harder from there north if you intend to take a very direct route to Boise. If your willing to take side trips. Provo Canyon has some beautiful spots. From there you could go back to Strawberry Res. Or go on around to the north toward Park City, Utah and take a side trip into the South West edge of the Uinta Mountains.

If your not wanting side trips then there's not a lot from Fish Lake until you get to Boise (9 hours north) Once you're near Boise you could take a side trip north near Mt. Home. Idaho up to Sun Valley or run up to McCall Idaho, ( Payette Lake is very nice.)

There are other routes and other great places along the way, I'm sure others can offer some good stuff too.

Hope you have a good trip.

DC

If you decide to take a side trip to Sun Valley I could give you some suggestions since I used to be a flyfishing guide up there many years ago.

Im from Boise ID and can say your trip will be great I have made the trip from Clovis to Boise 3 times now. if you have time run up to hells canyon and do some fishing or even hit the snake and try for cats. also you have to stop at the brewery in Moab and get a growler of there darkest beer its the best!

I am new to posting on the internet. Hope this comes out right.
We really are getting excited about our trip. Thank you everyone for your suggestions, keep them coming. I want try as much as I can for us to see all the neat wonders of Mother Nature on the trip. I would like to check out local favorite places also. Tylerbenell thanks for the tip of the on the brewery in Moab. 2lumpy and everyone thanks for your help it will me help out a lot.
Thanks
SWB

You can't go wrong with Lake City Colorado. The fly fishing there is tremendous. The views are extraordinary, and the people there are wonderful. If you like fishing for native trout, try Big Blue, just North of Lake City, it is snow/glacial fed streams with a large population of native trout. They are small, but really fun for the kids. My brother and I landed over 600 of the little guys, two summers ago. It is all catch and release of course. Good luck...

You have alot of National parks on the Co and Ut borders you can drive thru them.Great creeks and rivers on the way north to fish.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom