valentine's dinner

beavis14

wow i am in hot h20 again ! i made reservations at a restaurant my wife and i go to a few times a year. they had a 125 $ " couple menu deal" so i figured hey thats nice enough. i told her and she seemed happy . then.....she talked to her loudmouth friend and her friend told her about the " couple meal " and went on line and saw it. when i got home from work she exploaded on me ! calling me a cheapskate, have no romantic bone in my body bla bla ect. was it really that bad guys ??? she said her friend's husband is taking her to chandlers. it's the most expensive place in town . i took her there for our anniversery last year and it cost 225 $ ! what do you guys think is 125 $ going on the cheap ? it told her the way she is acting i should take her for a evening of romance at golden corral

Personally, I would hit the ungrateful wench in the azz with a stick!

If your woman uses the price of your gifts as a gauge of your love.....you have a problem brewing!

At this point you are in a "no win" situation for THIS year at least. You might as well get a $4.00 box of candy and a card, cuz dinner anywhere now is gonna suck for you!

"whackin' a surly bartender ain't much of a crime"

I agree with nickman. If it were me I'd cancel the reservations and tell her to make dinner. That would free up your evening to go to Cabela's and get myself something that cost $125.00. One could even stop by the diva friends house and get even. In case you didn't know... a cornish game hen fits just right in a dryer vent. Take a broom stick with ya and load it like a muzzleloader.

Divorce is expensive because its worth it! I can't even imagine my wife doing something like that.

It sounds like you're in one of those relationships that no matter what you do, you end up in the dog house. Some women use their attitude/moods to manipulate and control. If a woman shows a man he is appreciated, that man will do everything in his power to make her even happier. Maybe it depends on what you have to work with for a budget, but in my book $125.00 for dinner is more than enough. Especially,if money is tight. I would be tempted to tell her to go by herself, that way she can eat your share, too. It takes two to make a special Valentine's. What was she planning to do for you? Sorry, but it sounds like you're in one of those relationships where you either accept that you're living with a selfish person, or you do what you can to improve the situation. I have come to decide that you can't change basic personality. You will always be the one that's in the dog house. That's how she controls you. I've been where you are now, and there's little chance it will improve. I bet she puts you on a guilt trip every time you go hunting...That used to be my life. It took a divorce, and a long span of single life raising kids by myself,before I found my sweet wife I have now.

Eel said that Bianca would never pull this crap! Maybe you should contact Eel and see if Bianca has a sister.

yes i like the bianca idea more and more. yeah she is VERY ungrateful with the hard times now. but she always tries to compete with her girl friends which i can't. their husbands make 100,000 plus. i told her many times if she thinks she is getting a raw deal leave but she never does. maybe if i bring one of those dolls home.

Honestly, I'm thinking you two could use a bit of counseling. Not trying to be a smart ass, I'm being very serious. A little help from a pro could go a long way to making sure you are both aligned with what's important in life and marraige.

Good luck!

S.

:)

She need to know how this makes you feel and like stated before I'd cancel the dinner date inechange for have an evening at home where you can talk this out. Without communication the relationship will be doomed. Besides you head to the grocery store and see what $125 will buy ya for one meal and you be eating mighty fine chow.

Good luck

Have her cook dinner at home that night. Tell her since it's valentines day she can leave the dishes until the next morning.

Eel

This is the answer from my woman.....

"Wow - isn't the thought that counts and that your both together and NOT how much it costs? Is this being shallow? I am sorry cause life isn't about how much things cost. I am sorry cause I guess my response would be then we won't go. People should be trying to obtain great deals - way to go!!!"

That is Cindy's answer....No wonder I love her so much.

I think some of you are missing the point. Everything was good until the loudmouth friend got involved, offered her opinion and created a problem.

I swear women hate to see other women happy. They find fault in the other persons husband just to make themselves feel like a "good caring friend".

Good luck beav, you're in a hard spot.

thats funny!.. some woman are never happy! move and find some new friends that make less money then you.

take her to mcdonalds and buy her $125 worth of happy meals then have her take the toys and shove them up her ungrateful @ss.

Ask her if you pay the $225 do you get to boink her loudmouth friend as well?

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Please PM me your address!

I'm going to send you some Dinner!

Just dug down deep in to the Freezer!

Found a Fresh package of Antelope Steaks from 1982 with a little bit of Freezer Burn!

So tell her You'll be cookin her a 225.00 Dinner!:D

>Have her cook dinner at home
>that night. Tell her since
>it's valentines day she can
>leave the dishes until the
>next morning.

LMAO, Thats the best one!
Sorry to hear about your troubles, but no one deserves to be treated like she is treating you. It is time for a serious talk!

You can do better my friend

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

Its not about the cost of the meal, its about the romantic experience. The most I have ever spent on dinner for me and the ol lady was 60.00 and she was more than happy.

You are welcome!

You sending me your address for the 225.00 Dinner?

I just added it up,it took at least 225.00 to keep the Steaks Cool for that long?:D

My wife and I are happy if we just get a chance to go out to dinner at all on v-day. We have 4 kids under 6 and getting away is in itself a challenge. She should be grateful for time together, let alone in a nice environment.

Call her friend and give her a good come to jesus meeting its none of her friends buisness. You oughta have a party at your house after this blows over have her invite her friend and call her friend out and throw her under the bus. You may as well buy a case of beer and go play hold em with your buddies.

I will give you the same advice you gave me "get yourself a fleshlight and call it a night" or take out your frustrations.=)

LAST EDITED ON Feb-07-11 AT 07:32PM (MST)[p]LOL at least you took it as sarcasm ... I was just teasin ya !!!

Good luck with your wife !!!

And she ought to feel lucky you remembered, you must have spoiled her in the past, if she is expecting such a high priced VDay.

The 1982 Lope Steaks are starting to Thaw!

You fixin her Dinner or not?

I got something similar to this when I first got married about 18 years ago. In my case she was comparing what she got to one of her sisters.

I told my wife going forward we would not exchange gifts or anything else because of it going forward for any holidays or birthdays. When we want to go out for a nice meal we go out for a nice meal
We buy what we need during the year and in my opinion gifts are for kids For the most part that is how it is.

That loudmouth girlfriend would not be welcome in my home either.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom