Valle Vidal

284NM

Hunted the valle muzzie hunt this past weekend. Epic hunt, no pics yet as my sister in law was the only one on the mountain with us that had a camera and she hasn't sent any on yet. If you know anybody heading up for rifle hunt this weekend let them know that game and fish came through tues afternoon and told everyone that they had to be out of the campgrounds by noon on weds. All the cowboys have moved to the ring place to finish bringing cattle in (there are a LOT of cattle in there this year) And somebody put signs up at the campground gates saying the recreational facilities are closed for lack of funding. Have no idea how they plan on enforcing any of this but you might give a heads up to anybody you know who is headed out this weekend.

I am headed up there tomorrow for my brothers hunt and the next week also for a friends hunt. Talked to G&F yesterday and they said the campgrounds are closed so you have to camp 1/2 mile of the road or drive in and out each day. I was lucky enough to get a hold of the Rio Costilla and got a spot to camp. The dumb asses also said they were going to hire some sort of law enforcement to patrol the area for illeagle camping. That is our government for ya can't afford to pay a camp host to collect money but can afford to hire folks to keep us from paying.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-12-13 AT 09:29AM (MST)[p]Heading there Monday from 1200 miles away. I sure hope the campgrounds reopen or they get something figured out. Glad to hear your hunt was Epic. I have never been there and looking forward to it. I have lots to learn there I'm sure.

Good luck, Im sure you will fill that tag. We will be in 52 for deer. When you get back we have to get together, I will want to see the pics. Have a safe drive. Eric

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom