Value of quality used Leica binos and RF?

BigPig

Very Active Member
Thinking of selling some optics for a new set up. Any one have an idea of the value I have here in the used market? Leica Ultravid (non-HD) 10x42 and Leica 1000R rangefinder. Ultravids are used for a few years, but not abused. Would send glasses back to Leica for pro cleaning and tune up prior to sale. The 1000R is less than a year old and in great shape.

A lot of people won't agree with me but I think good used equipment should be 60% to 70% of what it cost new.

If someone wants 90% of new price for something used I'm not going to buy it. There is always a risk to the buyer when buying used.

The big problem with used Nikon and Leica stuff is that there will be no warranty transferred to the new owner....original owner only.

>The big problem with used Nikon
>and Leica stuff is that
>there will be no warranty
>transferred to the new owner....original
>owner only.

Not correct in my experience. I've sent back Leica stuff that I bought from a buddy and they refurbished it, no questions asked and at no charge.

>A lot of people won't agree
>with me but I think
>good used equipment should be
>60% to 70% of what
>it cost new.
>
>If someone wants 90% of new
>price for something used I'm
>not going to buy it.
>There is always a risk
>to the buyer when buying
>used.

I do not disagree, I think 60-70% is fair too.

>>The big problem with used Nikon
>>and Leica stuff is that
>>there will be no warranty
>>transferred to the new owner....original
>>owner only.
>
>Not correct in my experience.
>I've sent back Leica stuff
>that I bought from a
>buddy and they refurbished it,
>no questions asked and at
>no charge.

Call Leica and ask them yourself.....they'll tell you that the warranty is for the original purchaser only. It's not eve arguable. Will they occasionally do some "good will" warranty work? Obviously they will, but I wouldn't count on it. There are numerous other forums where 2nd hand owners have been denied.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom