Varmint scope

oilcan

Long Time Member
i just Bought a 204 Ruger and looking to get a scope for it. It will be mainly for ground squirrel and prairie dogs but possibly coyotes. What power and objective you varmint shooters using ? I would like to keep it around $500-600 any suggestions ?
Thanks

I would get this....fits price range and capable range of 204 ruger

Please do yourself a favor, no Made in China. Homer's got a good up there. It's discontinued so if ya look around they can be found at fair price.

All my other rifles have Leopold scopes on them. I’ve used them for years with no issues but with my budget just wondering if there are better options.

Homer has it right!

I think it's a great scope (right price too) and proper magnification for a 204.
I have the 3-15 VX-5 on my 20 Practical so my rig and yours would be near identical in terminal cartridge performance and scope magnification. Great choice.

Zeke

I'm with Homer, I have a Leupold 4.5-14X40 on my Ruger #1 in .22-250 I think it's a great scope. Check out SportsOptic.com their prices are competitive.

That’s a good deal Thanks for the heads up. I’ll probably go that direction like I said Leupold is on all my rifles and never had a issue.

Homer has it right!

I think it's a great scope (right price too) and proper magnification for a 204.
I have the 3-15 VX-5 on my 20 Practical so my rig and yours would be near identical in terminal cartridge performance and scope magnification. Great choice.

Zeke
Zeke what size objective you running on yours ?

Last edited:

Went a little above my budget . Got a screaming deal on this one could not pass up.

Zeke what size objective you running on yours ?
They're all 44mm objective lens on my 20 Practical, 6.5 x 280AI and my 280AI. That's big enough for me.

I have some with 50mm lenses but honestly cannot tell the difference even in low light. The big stuff might allow shooting 3 seconds sooner in the morning but I cannot really tell that.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom