Victory arrows

bticked

I was able to draw a great elk hunt this year and I'm thinking about changing a few things up. I was looking at the victory arrows and would like to try some armor piercing 300 spine arrows. My question is do you have to use the inserts that advertise or are there other inserts that will fit these? For the victory shooters what are your setups looking like in terms of vanes, inserts, nocks etc? I've been using GT pro hunters 7595 27.5 " long with 2" blazer vanes and GT nocks and inserts with 100gr tips out of my PSE X force. Thanks for any input guys.

Ryan

LAST EDITED ON May-10-12 AT 01:44PM (MST)[p]Are you shooting a typical 70lbs? If so, 27.5" and a 100gr head will be way over spined with a .300. I'd move up to a 125 gr head (and maybe cut the arrow wee bit longer) if you really want to shoot .300 spine. Or stick with a .340 spine like you have.

Why are you wanting to change? The GT's you are shooting now are a fine arrow.

LAST EDITED ON May-10-12 AT 03:25PM (MST)[p]You know, I can just never leave well enough alone I guess, haha. I also like the idea of a smaller diameter shaft I guess I just wanted to try out something new while I have the time. If I don't like them I'll just stick with the GT that I have a bunch of but I do want to try them out. They have a 350 spine in the VAP would that be better? My bow is set at 72 lbs and I was shooting the other arrows at 314 fps. I guess I could try the 125 head but I would rather keep the 100gr. How would you setup the VAPs for my bow knowing what my numbers are? See this is why I ask you professionals before I waste some money.

Ryan

Well it's always better to be slightly stiff than underspined, within reason. If I were you, at current length I'd go with the 350 and the 100 gr pt, or .300 spine with the 125gr pt and cut the arrow a touch longer.

I really appreciate the advice. Going on that I think I'll just try both combinations starting with the 350 shafts. Now just to find out which inserts and vanes to use. Thanks again.

Ryan

Can't help you on the inserts for those, but for Vanes, I LOVE AAE Max Hunters. They have a more flexible base so you can put on more helical and still get good adhesion.

Thank you very much, Ill look into those. I was looking at the blazer x2 vanes parabolic and shield cut, not really sure what the difference would be between those and the normal blazers. I guess Ill just have to play around with them all. Got those victorys ordered in 350 shaft and Im actually going to cut the arrows a little shorter due to the inserts they give you with them we'll see how things go.

Ryan

+1 VAP's i was shooting the 2 inch blazer vanes, and they worked great for the time being, but i recently swithched over to the 3" low pro vane tec vanes and there is no way i would go back, less wind driftage and i seem to shoot tighter groups with these instead of the 2", but if you are going to shoot a fixed blade i dont reccommend these due to that the broadhead drives the arrow instead of the vanes, But for a mechanical broadhead vane there is nothing better in my eyes

I do shoot a fixed blade bh and I am VERY loyal to the one I use, at least until I find a better one. I'll take a look at the vane tecs though. I got some of the VAP v1 shafts on their way and Im going to experiment with their different inserts the 33 and 43 gr ones as well as the blazers I have, some aae max hunters, quikspin st and I guess Ill have to throw in some of those vanetecs in the mix.I cant wait till they get here, Ill let you all know how they do with my setup and which one worked best. I think this is gonna be my new arrow though. Thanks for everything guys!

Ryan

bticked, if you get the arrow spine correct for your bow then it doesn't matter what you put on the end of that arrow, it will shoot it and shoot it well with any of the vanes that have been mentioned.

Yeah I'm glad I took the advice and got the 350 shafts. Just thought I would try out some new vanes with all the other new stuff I'm trying out but in reality, unless another one truly impresses me with something different, I'll just stick with the blazers. Thanks again.

Ryan

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom