Video - High Fence hunting

that video makes me sick to my stomach, frickin low life's; and who would actually be proud of shooting an animal in that state and in those conditions!?

That is rediculous!! That just ticked me off that there are people out there that would do that. It gives all hunters a bad name when it is only a few that are going against the ethics of hunting.

" High fence hunting, bringing cull zoo operators and cull hunters together since 1957"

That is a sad state of affairs for sure. The video makes some great points. It made me think when he said that over 80% of Sportsman actually do not like high fenced hunts but that few ever protest them. I guess I have protested by not ever having enough money to buy one of their hunts. But is that enough? No it is not.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Even if I had the money, no way.
dutch
" Man who excels at putting worm on hook is Master Baiter"

I have lost all respect for Jimmy Houston.. Hunting in a high fence no bigger then 3 acers.. What is that ##### about.. No longer will I ever watch his show again. Makes me sick to my stomach. Like last nights skunk attack on both my labs who just happened to run into my house at 2:00am.. Wow what a smelly night...

Hello everyone. I was led to this website from someone telling me about the video. I went to the Jimmy Houston site and I was pretty astounded by what I found....I was upset by the video but when I did some checking I found:

A. The national wildlife federation is not in any way associated with the national wilflife foundation that we all know and respect...(i mistook the two) they are actuallly AFFILIATED with PETA!!!! They are trying to get us to attack our own!!!

here is a link:

http://jimmyhouston.com/community/index.php?PHPSESSID=dc32994e2cf563f16d255c16ea41e77a&topic=269.0

B. If you watch they only name Jimmy but it never shows him fire a weapon but it shows other NAMELESS hunters who do???? I dont get that? Jimmy testified on the same side of the trial that the people who made this video did. It says so in the statements made by both Christine and Jimmy under General discussion on the site? So why turn around and attack him later after he helped them? Cause they are animal rights activists and despise what he or any other hunter stand for?

C. It says that Jimmy's deer was tested and found to be drug free and he along with his family ate it!!

Im not gonna argue the high fence debate because I dont believe in restricting the laws more- and I respect the right of opinion of my fellow hunters. What worries me here is I think someone is jacking with us!!! And THAT pisses me off. Especially when they portray themselves as one of us!!

The enemy of my enemy is my friend, at least for the time being.

I don't give a rat's fat asz if it's PETA, ALF or any other whack-job outfit that is bent about high fence 3 acre inclosure "hunting".

Now get this.... THEY'RE RIGHT. Yep, a broke clock's right twice a day and so, they pulled one out of their butt and the whack jobs happen to be right. I'm not going to oppose them on this. I'm 100% fine with outlawing high fence 3 acre enclosures 100%. I'll go completely against those orgs on about 99.999% of the rest of the assinine stuff they believe in, but just because they managed to get one right and I'm not going to support scumbucket operations that should disappear. Those small enclosure high fence deals are not "WE"!! Get it? They aren't hunters. It's not part of any "we" I recognize and I don't give a crap who says I have to be suportive. I don't have to be and I won't. I'm not going to side with those that crap all over the hunting tradition just so that I can have a 100% record against PETA! Want to farm raise deer and slaughter em have at it but it's NOT hunting and I'm fine with states saying you can't "hunt" penned animals.

Like I said before-all of us are entitled to our opinions. And I respect yours, Mr. Houston says he was not in a 3 acre pen. Hes been in the business 25 years and has done a lot for the hunting industry. I dont know these other people from adam and I am not convinced of their motives. It shows him in a corner of a field by fence but he was filming a show-not hunting for sport. I dont call that hunting and Im sure that is not how he or any other hunter does it in real life. Not trying to accuse anyone or stir up trouble I just find the details a little scetchy and Im not willing to watch someone I feel is one of ours persecuted on an unknowns word.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-29-06 AT 03:07PM (MST)[p]I don't care how the video was edited by PETA, or what Houston claims. It is clear on the video that there were fences on his right and on his left. I could care less if it was a 1 acre pen or a 100 acre pen. Even if he was not inside a small enclosure, it sure appears he was at a minimum using drivers to move and hold the deer into the corner where they could not escape.

I don't care what the reason, or if he shot or not. If he's doing a promotional video (like the guy shooting the blunt was reportedly doing) he IS STILL WRONG! "Look, see how Jimmy's Deer Wizz keeps these bucks in the area even after I fouled myself? Amazing product folks..."

Did he not think what this video would look like if it got out and how damaging to hunters it would be? He played right into the enemies hands with this because he is too lame azzed to actually bag something on a fair chase hunt.

I always knew something wasn't right about this Putz, now I have a good reason to dislike him.

God Lord I detest high fence "hunters".

There may be some confusion about these groups...

The National Wildlife Federation is essentially a wildlife conservation organization with a number of goals for promoting wildlife restoration and sound wildlife management. I found nothing on their web site that promoted anti-hunting, nor any association with PETA. On the contrary, if you look at web sites for state affiliates such as the Montana Wildlife Federation (http://www.montanawildlife.com/), you will see a strong pro-hunting message - they even list opening hunt dates on their home page. Granted, they do operate at a level that goes beyond just hunting interests, such as restoration of healthy ecosystems, but direct opposition to hunting is not one of their interests.

Further, if you look at real-hunters.com, there is a section about the North American Wildlife Conservation Model (the cornerstone of our wildlife management programs) and encouragement of professional wildlife management. The model is based on public ownership (as opposed to European style, private ownership) and science-based management.

"The National Fish and Wildlife Foundation is also a conservation group that focuses on conserving fish and wildlife habitat. "The National Fish and Wildlife Foundation is a private, non-profit, 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization, established by Congress in 1984 and dedicated to the conservation of fish, wildlife, and plants, and the habitat on which they depend. Our goals are to promote healthy populations of fish, wildlife, and plants by generating new commerce for conservation. The Foundation meets these goals by creating partnerships between the public and private sectors and strategically invests in conservation and sustainable use of natural resources. The Foundation does not support lobbying, political advocacy, or litigation."

Lastly, The Wildlife Society (association of professional wildlife scientists) has a position statement on confinement of wild ungulates http://www.wildlife.org/policy/positionstatements/33-Ungulate Confinement.pdf
and a technical report on the issue for those interested in the position of the world's wildlife professionals and factors surrounding the issue. There's also a statement from the MT chapter of the widlife society on game farms at http://www.montanatws.org/chapters/mt/index.cfm?tname=gamefms

Jimmy didn't shoot because he was waiting for an ETHICAL SHOT!!! Give me a break!!! Good Luck

Anybody that can try to justify defending Jimmy Friggin Houston can't be a real hunter. JH ****ed up because he is lazy, among other names I have for him. I will never purchase anything he trys to sell and he deserves a kick in the teeth for the damage he has done to hunters. WHAT A FRIGGING LOSER!!!

I Hate how they feel proud of doing that. How could you get that on vid and saying I just got the biggest buck in my life. It does give us hunters a bad name.

There is absolutely nothing positive that comes from a high fenced operation. They spread disease, they take away from what real hunting is all about, and they give all the FAIR CHASE hunters a bad rap. They should be out-lawed in my opinion. Anyone that chooses to participate in a high fenced hunt under any circumstance is not a hunter, and if it were up to me they would be banned from ever laying hands on a weapon to pursue game again. Absolutely disgusting.

Bowhuntr

Somebody out their has got to have some political clout or at least many of you on the campfire forum sound like you do. Get a congressman in your state to introduce legislation to end this or it will surely destroy us all with the general public. I just contacted both of my senators to encourage them to introduce legislation to stop this. For those of you that say no federal laws the government will screw it up that's possibly true but we regulate migratory wildlife federally successfully.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom