Vortex custom cut turrets

SLIVER

Very Active Member
Have any of you done this for a Vortex rifle scope? I am looking at buying the Viper 6.5-20X50 and was looking into this option. For $85 it seems like a cheap way to have a semi-custom scope.

}}-SLIVER-->

No personal experience with the Vortex turrets, but I'm sure they are excellent. You might consider ordering an MOA turret rather than a load-specific turret. I had Leupold install an M1 MOA turret on my VX3 3.5-10x50 a few months ago and it is awesome. First long range attempt obliterated a softball-sized rock at 640. I went with the MOA style so that I can shoot different loads and simply print out a dope chart to tape on my rifle for whichever load I'm going to shoot. Much more flexible. Good luck!

www.bowhuntingetc.blogspot.com

Hey Sliver,

Here is a picture of the turret on the Viper 6.5-20X50...

898B1F17.jpg

"Helping turn good tags, into great ones." - www.vipoptics.com

Have had them on a viper and viper PST. Both worked perfectly. I do prefer them on an exposed turret scope like the PST

Thank you for the replies guys. I am sold on the turret, however now I need to decide which Vortex scope to buy! Decisions, decisions.

}}-SLIVER-->

Silver... Check out cameralandny, they have their 6.5-20x44 on sale for dirt cheap! $279. Great scope, you will not be unhappy with it. I have it in the 50mm and the turret tracks awesome!

Just got done shooting my 300 Wby at 600 yards with the Viper 6.5-20 and couldn't be happier. Happier = blown up milk jug.

I've some good things about the custom turrets and don't think that you could go wrong either way. If you do change elevation or loads the custom turret could be off, but with the regular turrets you can just run the load through a ballistic calculator and compensate on your own.

So you guys have the Viper 6.5-20 on your Hunting rifles?I am thinking of buying one but i have never used a scope with this much magnification for hunting ( Big Game ).But the older i get the worse my eyes get i think the extra mag. would be nice.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-19-12 AT 07:53PM (MST)[p]I have considered getting one of these longer range scopes. One of my concerns is that your lowest setting would be at 6.5x. Has anyone had any problems with this? I suppose if you're hunting predominately open country, it wouldn't be much of a problem, but sometimes even in open country, you get a close shot. I guess you could just shoo them out there a ways, then take the shot!

I ordered one of the 6.5-22x44 from CL. I am going to put it on top of a Christensen arms in 300 Ultra. Ill let ya know!

Warning1.jpg

I think i'm gonna order one also can't beat the price.Think i'll put it on my 270 WSM or 300 Win Mag.and play with it this summer.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom