Vortex Diamondback BDC vs. Nikon Buckmaster BDC

ratherbhuntin

So I am looking to upgrade my scope on my .270 as I am wanting to shoot longer distances for an Ibex hunt coming up. I am a student and on a budget so I am trying to not spend over $250. I can purchase a refurbished Buckmaster 4-14BDC for around $220 or a Vortex Diamondack 4-14BDC for around 200. The warranty for a refurbished Nikon is only 90 days whereas Vortex appears to have the best warranty in the business. I am leaning more towards the Diamondback but have not been able to look through it to see how it compares to the buckmaster. Does anyone have experience with Diamondback and how it compares to Nikon. I'm also interested in other scopes that I have not mentioned that would be a good purchase in that price range, preferably with some sort of BDC.

Thanks
Ryan

Check out Redfield they are made by leupold. You can by a brand new one for around $200 for a 3x9x40. I have 2 of them and they are great scopes, they also make binos and rangefinders. The range finder is pretty good its real simple and to the point.The redfield scopes have a heavy dulpex or their accurange check em out.

Go for the Diamond back, you won't be dissapointed.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

LAST EDITED ON Jun-23-12 AT 01:01PM (MST)[p]I like the Vortex a lot, BUT, I recently had to make the decision between the Vortex and Nikon. I ended up going with the Nikon because of its longer eye relief. The scope was put on my .300 Win Mag, so eye relief might not be as much of a concern if its on .270.
Concerning the BDC reticle - I was sold on it until I did some research and actual looking through the reticle. At longer distances (which is what the BDC reticle is for), it seamed like the circles on the Nikon BDC were almost too large and covered too much of the target at distances. I love the BDC concept, but it seems limited on what it does. I ended up going with a duplex reticle and did my homework on my own balistics and am very happy with my setup. I do like the Vortex BDC better than the Nikon.

BTW, I bought the Nikon Monarch 4-16X42.

Thanks for the info. I had looked through the Nikon BDC and liked the layout of the reticle but that makes since as they are pretty thick. So after checking out a lot of reviews and the info here I think I am going to go with the Vortex Diamondback 4x12. Is the Adjustable Objective worth the extra 100$ (200 compared to 300$)? I will be using this scope to hunt Ibex, thus the opportunity for long shots is most likely a probability.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom