Vortex Skyline

katorade

LAST EDITED ON Mar-23-11 AT 09:26PM (MST)[p]I'm looking at either the vortex nomad or skyline, for my next scope purchase.Is the skline much better of a scope then the nomad. I will be using it on backpacking hunts but I'm young enough the weight won't bother me but it is bulkier.
What are your opinions on these 2 scopes, and if anyone has any digi scoping video through both these videos could you post a link or something.
Also I saw it was being discontinued, will they still have there warrenty on the skyline?
Thanks
Nomad: Less bulky
Skline: 80mm

Skylines are good scopes, I have the ED and so far have been impressed by it. Plus, Cameraland has some really good deals on them right now. But, it is a big rather heavy scope. I personally like to have one small spotter to pack with and one big spotter for four wheelers, trucks or closer to camp

I have the Skyline ED and love it. At times I wish I had the Nomad until I get to my destination and start looking through the skyline. If you don't mind the extra size and weight I would go skyline. I assume the warranty will be the same even though they are discontinuing the skyline. Right now you can get a skyline for the same price as the nomad. Have fun making your decision.

>I have the Skyline ED and
>love it. At times I
>wish I had the Nomad
>until I get to my
>destination and start looking through
>the skyline. If you don't
>mind the extra size and
>weight I would go skyline.
>I assume the warranty will
>be the same even though
>they are discontinuing the skyline.
>Right now you can get
>a skyline for the same
>price as the nomad. Have
>fun making your decision.

Where are you seeing that the you can get the skyline for the same price as the nomad?

Thanks

Cameraland.com
The skyline is being discontinued. Cameraland.com had them for sale for 299.99 a month ago and I saw they had the nomad for around the same price. Check the website and good luck.

Just looked online. The website is cameralandny.com, or you can google Cameraland. They are out of the angled for that price but they still have the straight angled eyepiece. The nomads are 349. Can't beat the deal. This is where I got mine. Arrived in one week. Also check out the Skyline ED. They had them for sale for 449. Good luck and happy shopping.

Skyline ED. They are bigger, but the clarity is superior over the nomad. Great for digiscoping. Just my opinion. Make sure you have good binos. When hunting, I use my binos way more than I use my spotter.

I went ahead and ordered me a Skyline ED for $449.. Went to Cameralandny.com and then had to look around some. Had to go to Eagle Optics to find the 449. price. I've used the same spotting scope since I was about 19 years old. I'm 60 this coming June. It's an old straight line Redfield. There is still nothing wrong with it. It's quite scratched up and not as clear to look through, but still does a great job. It was just time to move up and what a great price for a product that I hope is as good as everyone is saying it is.

A friend of mine has the Skyline ED. He paid 750.00 for it last year. I have looked through his scope many times and am still tempted to buy me one at that price. All of my gear is Nikon, but had Vortex been around when I was in the market for optics, I would have chosen Vortex.
You will not be disappointed.

"Half of being smart, is knowing what you're dumb about."

LAST EDITED ON Mar-27-11 AT 10:36PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Mar-27-11 AT 09:53?PM (MST)

Not bad choices for the price, however, their are other options in 65-70mm packable scopes. (with better optics than that Nomad and equal to or better than the skyline ed) for about the same price.

Look for a lightly used or new Pentax PF 65 ED or PF65 ED2.
Nikon fieldscope 3 or fieldscope 3 ED
Minox MD

The discontinued bushnell elite 70mm is not bad either.

Shop around, spend a little more money and get a great scope instead of just a good enough socpe.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom