Vortex Viper vs. Razor

S

shed_head

I am looking into buying a new spotting scope. I am looking serious at the razor HD and viper HD. I don't really have $1600 to spend on one, so I was curious how the Viper performed compared to the Razor? Any help or reviews would be appreciated.

what size?
In February vortex is coming out with a Razor in the 65mm and a 50mm if your looking a getting something to pack around. Ive always been told to buy the best set of optics that you can afford. The viper HD will be a good scope but wont perform as well at low light. I personally like the Razor HD myself. My suggestion is to try and see if you can look at them side by side. Sportsmans in riverdale will take them outside and let you do that.

I've got a 20-60x80 HD angled that I would like to sell for 700. I picked up a Swarovski and don't need two spotters. I don't think the viper looses much ground on the Swarovski, especially, I think there is a $1000 difference between the two. PM me if interested.

I just bought the Razor about a month ago and the reason I did is because during this years hunts I was struggling in the low light with my old scope so I didn't figure I could go wrong with either of these two options but I decided to go with the best and I have not been disappointed. I didn't compare the two side by side but I did compare the Razor and the $3000 Swaros and I was looking between 1-5 miles and at 20x they were pretty darn close but at higher powers the Swaros beat them. I figured for half the price the Razor can't be beat. I love it! It is big and pretty heavy but you always sacrifice quality with a smaller objective. I'm sure the Viper is good but not likely nearly as good as the Razor. You will always wonder what might be better so get what you can afford.

just don't get upset when your in the field one day and you look through your buddies swarovski. I know you hate admitting it, and most peoples pride wont let them admit it, but every once in a while someone throws down their vortex and cusses me for letting them look through my swaro scope. Just sayin

>just don't get upset when your
>in the field one day
>and you look through your
>buddies swarovski. I know you
>hate admitting it, and most
>peoples pride wont let them
>admit it, but every once
>in a while someone throws
>down their vortex and cusses
>me for letting them look
>through my swaro scope. Just
>sayin

Swaro users do the same thing after they look through my Kowa Prominar 884. Just sayin.

honestly I have compared side by side by side my razor hd to my dads non hd swaro and to my buddies hd swaro. I can tell you without a doubt the razor is more clear than the non hd swaro, at all magnifications. the hd swaro was a bit more clear but good hell, you could buy two or three razors for that price depending where you bought them, I was able to get mine for $1200. And like I say, its right in between the swaro non hd and the hd.

I compared the viper and razor side by side and the razor was much much brighter and more clear. That ended any interest in the viper for me. Could be different for others but that was my eyes.

"just don't get upset when your in the field one day and you look through your buddies swarovski"

Ha ha Tony. I have, and I decided to go with the Vortex.

I used to have the Non-HD Swaro. The glass is better on the Vortex Razor HD. I'll put the HD Swaro glass above the Vortex HD. But, I can't really tell much of a difference with my eyes.

I will say that I do not like the weight of the Vortex. However, their warranty and service is unmatched, that is why I bought it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom