Vote YES on wolf cull

NVBighorn

Long Time Member
Received this email today. Vote YES

I'm sending you a link to look at and in hopes that you will vote in favor of a wolf cull that is going on in Northern B.C. right now.

http://vancouver.24hrs.ca/2015/01/19/bcs-wolf-cull-scientifically-flawed-group

Our sportsmen and sportswomen friends and wildlife North of the border need our support. Please take a minute to vote ?yes? and pass this along to your friends.

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I just stir it.[/font]

Done. I do have some mixed emotions though. According to the article:

"Wolves are social animals as well, which means killing them will fracture groups, with many moving on to form others, breed more and increase the current population figure of 8,500, according to Parr."

It would probably be best to kill all the wolves in that area, not just a culling operation. Or, just let it go and say goodbye to the caribou.

That's good soup you're stirring NVB:)

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

We CULL them here in TARDville!

You shoot every BIG Coyote you see!

[font color="redhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMsueOnu0kY

That web page has a re-director security threat. My Avast antivirus went off like a Christmas tree when I clicked the link.

The caribou herd has dropped from 49 in 2009 to 18. And 37% of adult mortalities has been by wolves. That doesn't count the young. BUT WAIT!! Didn't the USF&W tell us that wolves won't eat themselves out of house and home. Someone just needs to tell those wolves up there that.

Thanks for the link NBH, voted Yes, with some trepidation. The South Selkirk herd is distinct from other caribou in that when the snow flies and winter sets in, they head for the mountain top ridges to feed rather than take to the valleys where winter is a bit more forgiving. They feed almost exclusively on lichen that grows on mostly old growth trees. That particular habitat has dwindled dramatically over the years and has been the major cause of the herds demise, not the wolf.

With the herd numbers reduced to such dramatic lows, the current predation by wolves is taking it's toll. This culling is, as the BC government puts it, 'a last ditch dramatic effort' to help save the herd from extinction. This herd is part of the last remaining herd of woodland caribou below the 49th parallel, the last of the herds in the contiguous US. It would sure be a shame to lose them. As I understand it, BC is/has been working on habitat restoration and has made some strides in that area, but we all know how long it takes for the habitat to come back. Culling these wolves is the fastest way to make an immediate impact on the herds survival.

I wish them the very best of luck...

I voted Yes and thanks for the link. When I voted, there was only one vote separating the yes's and the no's out of a total of 13,800 votes cast. That's pretty much right down the middle as one can get

I was just able to vote three times. A non IT guy would think that the survey would see the same computer and not let it vote again. So one wolf lover out there could have voted 6000 times???? Not to slow down that we need to voice our opinions but this one has no credibility with at least me.

DZ

LAST EDITED ON Feb-09-15 AT 11:51AM (MST)[p]That is because these polls have no bearing on anything. We try to get the word out, but the antis have a more effective email campaign where wolves are concerned.

And why would they care what a south Texas resident thinks anyway??? Answer is they don't.

These polls just generate interst so you will go to that link and see some advertizing. There is nothing scientific about this kind of poll so why would anyone in authority pay any attention to it? They have no bearing on anything that will be done in the future.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

I think it is an eye opener that so many people would rather let this caribou herd go extinct than kill a few wolves. It shows their true agenda.

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

But it is not the locals swaying this vote, it is us out here in cyberland where there are PLENTY of well organized wolf proponents.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom