Wallet found-J Andrews

Brazos1

Found a wallet belonging to a J Andrews in Az Unit 9 while on my lope hunt. Leaving his first name off just because I want to respect the notion he may not want his full name plastered on the net. Can't find any info in it like a number or email to help. Did contact a number of folks on business cards with no luck. His address says he's from Dewey Az. May just end up mailing it to a PO Box listed as his address on the DL. Thought that was odd. Was under the impression the DL had to be a physical address? Anyways let him know to contact me if you think you know the man.
Thx
Trace

that is awesome of you! You could probably google his name and city and it will very likely bring up a number for him.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Good on you!!!

I found a guy's wallet who lived in Cali (I'm in Ut) and was able to contact him by phone. He said the credit cards and license was replaced and he didn't have use for the soggy wallet so just keep $50 for my troubles and mail the rest down to him.

I told him I didn't need his damned $50 and I'd send the whole thing to him. He got it and called me back and said thanks and offered dinner next time he was in town... which I said was nice but I didn't do it for any credit or reward.

I see you're in the same boat! Again, good for you!

I think MOST guys are this honest. I really do since I have faith in humanity.

Zeke

Good for you, a few years back I found a wallet in the bottom of the Black canyon and repatriated it with it's owner. Last winter I found a purse on the side of I-70, old folks from Nebraska going to Vegas gambling and changed drivers by Rifle, purse fell out. $3000 bucks plus a cell phone with husbands number in it. They were ten miles ahead of me and were sure glad to get it back intact.

Not a wallet, but I did once find a checkbook near the entrance to the apartment building I lived in at the time. Called the phone number on the checks and a woman answered. She was happy to hear that the checkbook was found, but when she stopped by to retrieve it, seemed rather confused as to why her husband had been parked at this apartment building. I think he had some explaining to do when he got home.

Mark
muledeer.jpg

My hunting spot is so secret, not even the elk have found it yet.

>Good for you, a few years
>back I found a wallet
>in the bottom of the
>Black canyon and repatriated it
>with it's owner. Last
>winter I found a purse
>on the side of I-70,
>old folks from Nebraska going
>to Vegas gambling and changed
>drivers by Rifle, purse fell
>out. $3000 bucks plus
>a cell phone with husbands
>number in it. They
>were ten miles ahead of
>me and were sure glad
>to get it back intact.
>

This is exactly why I still have faith in the human race!
Some folks are NOT in the same class but I think most in our area are.
Zeke

Thanks for the comments but like 99% here I'm sure would do the same thing. Not for anything but doing the right thing. Got a response back from one of the emails from a business card. Just waiting for him to contact me now. Have a good one.
Trace

Good on you for trying to get the rightful owner found. I would hope everybody would do the same but also know plenty of people wouldn't go one step out of their way to help someone. Found a wallet of a young lady at a gas pump once and tracked her down by the student Id card and driver license. Went 10 miles to deliver it to her house and the mother acted like I was some kind of serial rapist after her daughter. I wanted to knock knots on the mothers head. some people. Couple times I've found credit or debit cards left at the pump, I just drop them at the closest bank branch.

I have been pleasantly surprised with the guys here on MM. I've had a couple guys actually go buy maps and mark the "good" hunting spots in areas I had not hunted before. I've had a guy set us up and meet us to get us on a ranch to help my young son harvest a whitetail doe. This same guy offered to mail me his GPS with a chip for a state that I was going to hunt. Mail me his GPS?? Crazy. I've established a relationship with a guy here who lets us use his cabin anytime my son draws a cow elk tag. We'll be going for the second time in December. Just had a guy offer to go in as a party on a good region in WY because he has max points. Turns out I can't because already have plans with my Dad and my son but it was the gesture that counts. Some guys just get it. I wish I had more to offer...but I live in Cali and not much going on here. :) Good for you guys that help the guys that need help. That's why we're on this site as far as I'm concerned.

Steve

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

I found a wallet one time that had cash and credit cards. I called the owner and told him I had it. He said he would stop by the next day and get it. He knocked on the door and said he was there for the wallet. I got the wallet and handed it to him. He turned and walked back to his car with out saying a word. Not a thanks or anything. Goofy bugger. lol

I Hate Finding Wallets!

I Only Find them after somebody else has Found them & Ransacked them!

Then I Look like the Bad Guy!

Amazing How Many Thief's are out there!

[font color="blue"]She put a Big F.U. in My Future,Ya She's got a
way with Words[/font]

I found a man purse last week at walmart. It was sitting in the baby but basket of a cart at the end of the cart corral, so I figured the guy had just left.

Rifled through his stuff to see if I could find an ID with a phone number and couldn't so I drove to his house.

Garage door open, I pull in the driveway and he musta seen the belcher, so out the garage he comes. I just held the man purse out my window and watched him lower his head.

Nice enough guy, thanked me for it.

Sounds like you've got it taken care of but if it's a PO box listed maybe send him a note saying you've got it and get a better address to mail the actual wallet to after you've made contact with him.

The PO box may be the current address but it'd suck to send it there and turns out it's not (not that you'd ever know at that point though I guess).

It feels good to do the right thing, last year I found a new iphone, tracked him down, and he sent my kids a iTunes gift card.

All of the above is why I stay and play on MM. I really think most guys on here are a "cut above"!
Zeke

>
>I Hate Finding Wallets!
>
>I Only Find them after somebody
>else has Found them &
>Ransacked them!
>
>Then I Look like the Bad
>Guy!
>
>Amazing How Many Thief's are out
>there!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>[font color="blue"]She put a Big F.U.
>in My Future,Ya She's got
>a
>way with Words[/font]
>
>

Bess you're in the basin, what do you expect? ;-)

On a cross-country drive this summer we stopped at a remote rest area and found an iphone resting on an information sign out near the edge of the area that most folks wouldn't frequent. Looked like it might have been there a few days with the owner long gone. Unfortunately, the phone was locked with a pass code so we had no way of checking for the owners phone number or contacts. For those of you who lock your cell phone with a pass code I suggest, if you have a protective phone case, that you write your name and number on a slip of paper and put it in the case behind your phone.

Mark
muledeer.jpg

My hunting spot is so secret, not even the elk have found it yet.

Mark I'm in the "bidness" some models have a imei # on back that can be tracked. You would have to go through the providers.

The owners wife contacted me. Seems she had the lope tag. If I knew how and had her permission I'd post the pics of the one she got and the one she missed. True boomer for the missed one. Very nice buck on the one she got. She got drawn with 1 point!! Only took me 25!!! I ended up missing the only one I found worth shooting due to my range finder screwing up. Went back with my other finder to see I shot over him as I guesstimated him at near 500 whereas he was closer to 350. This trip ended up being the most expensive and disappointing hunt I've been on. Due to me closing on the sale of something, I missed the first 5 days and lost the last 2 because of a tire nearly falling of the new armada I just bought the wife. Had to buy the armada as my duramax transmission red lined on the way out. That's another story all by itself. After the mess with the tire and no help from the dealer, even though it's 2 days old, I ended up trading it in for another armada at a Flagstaff dealer. I'll be seeing them in court as the tire was literally being held on by two threads of the last lug nut. The other 5 fell out of the beauty cap as I was taking it off to see why it was sounding like a bubble on it. The disaster averted there can't be overstated. So after waiting 25 years for the tag I got to hunt a total of 3 days!! Bought 2 cars, 1 Honda pioneer (the best thing out of the whole fiasco), 1 blown transmission and a partridge in a pear tree. I did, however, get to return a wallet!!! Sure hope my coues deer hunt with wife and daughter goes better in a couple weeks.

This thread just turned into "how great MM's are", to " how rude some MM's are. Deadi, do you check the lug nuts on a new vehicle? Just have to ignore the negative ones Brazos1

Wow! As Necali says do you check the lugs on a new vehicle? I'm sure you do. Strange how this thread went. Have a good one.

>The owners wife contacted me. Seems
>she had the lope tag.
>If I knew how and
>had her permission I'd post
>the pics of the one
>she got and the one
>she missed. True boomer for
>the missed one. Very nice
>buck on the one she
>got. She got drawn with
>1 point!! Only took me
>25!!! I ended up missing
>the only one I found
>worth shooting due to my
>range finder screwing up. Went
>back with my other finder
>to see I shot over
>him as I guesstimated him
>at near 500 whereas he
>was closer to 350. This
>trip ended up being the
>most expensive and disappointing hunt
>I've been on. Due to
>me closing on the sale
>of something, I missed the
>first 5 days and lost
>the last 2 because of
>a tire nearly falling of
>the new armada I just
>bought the wife. Had to
>buy the armada as my
>duramax transmission red lined on
>the way out. That's another
>story all by itself. After
>the mess with the tire
>and no help from the
>dealer, even though it's 2
>days old, I ended up
>trading it in for another
>armada at a Flagstaff dealer.
>I'll be seeing them in
>court as the tire was
>literally being held on by
>two threads of the last
>lug nut. The other 5
>fell out of the beauty
>cap as I was taking
>it off to see why
>it was sounding like a
>bubble on it. The disaster
>averted there can't be overstated.
>So after waiting 25 years
>for the tag I got
>to hunt a total of
>3 days!! Bought 2 cars,
>1 Honda pioneer (the best
>thing out of the whole
>fiasco), 1 blown transmission and
>a partridge in a pear
>tree. I did, however, get
>to return a wallet!!! Sure
>hope my coues deer hunt
>with wife and daughter goes
>better in a couple weeks.
>

Nothin like Losing Sweet Allice!

F'N Things Ain't near what they Boast!

[font color="blue"]She put a Big F.U. in My Future,Ya She's got a
way with Words[/font]

I'm feeling your pain, water pump in one truck Tues morning Turbo in another truck Tue afternoon.
Sometimes the dice rolls the wrong way.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

LOL...some MM'ers lack tact.

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

>>LOL...some MM'ers lack tact.
>>
>>
>...lol..and some need help picking shoes
>

Ouch! That'll leave a mark!
Zeke

Yep I do, in a past life I drove truck for 15 years so it became a habit. Most vehicle owners manuals and\or when you buy new tires or rims, specifically states to check lug nuts every 150 miles for the first several hundred. I've seen several wheels leave a vehicle for just that reason.

It's not rocket science to see if your lug nuts are backing off. If you are gonna be dumb, you better have a big f'n wallet ;-)

I'm glad there's a place to go on the net to get expert advice from folks. You're right though. Should have hunted down an Allen wrench in my tools to pull the beauty cover off to see if the lug nuts looked loose on the new vehicle I was pulling out of the lot in. Make sense to me. I'll never forget the words of wisdom from you. Be cool and keep the wisdom flowing.

>I'm glad there's a place to
>go on the net to
>get expert advice from folks.
>You're right though. Should have
>hunted down an Allen wrench
>in my tools to pull
>the beauty cover off to
>see if the lug nuts
>looked loose on the new
>vehicle I was pulling out
>of the lot in. Make
>sense to me. I'll never
>forget the words of wisdom
>from you. Be cool and
>keep the wisdom flowing.

Glad you appreciate the advice. I guarantee you'll keep a better eye on your wheels in the future ;-)

No good deed ever goes unpunished. This thread is proof positive.

Sorry to hear about the bad luck on your antelope hunt. Maybe the good karma you racked up by returning the wallet will translate to a great coues hunt.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

I found a wallet a long time ago. My dip-$hit buddies and I bought a keg and decided to float down the local river. We rented a raft and tied it alongside. We all had a pretty good time, and several hours later I leaned over the side to take a leak. I spotted a wallet floating along just in front of the raft and exclaimed something to the effect of "Hey, some dumb-a$$ lost his wallet." Any guesses who it belonged to?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom