WASATCH FRONT

southslope82

I know to some this is like asking if I could sleep with their wifes! But now that the statewide is about to start I was wanting to try a spot somewhere on the wasatch just for this weekend at least and give the area I have been hunting a break. But could somebody give me a okay area to try?? I don't really plan on getting away from the crowds by the sound of it there are a ton of people out there. If anyone could share some info I would appreciate it I probably will be out there 3 days at least and am not afraid to hike my butt off if it so be it. I would like to see good numbers of deer really rather than not see so many and have a chance at a smoker Thanks for any help

pretty much anywhere from AF to Layton should be good. Except that one spot near the water, that should really produce a big one this deer, but stay away from that one canyon (its no good). Do me a favor and dont tell anybody I shared my honeyhole with you (Im not referring to my wife either).

HA! For a quick, easy trip buy good optics and glass the FRONT from I-215. You can cover the whole thing in 5 minutes at 65mph. It's efficient and quick.

Ok, here is one:

Big Cottonwood Canyon to the Mill D Trail head. Hike up and stay to the right when the trail splits and head up towards Desolation lake. The area to the south and west always holds nice animals(north facing slope). Good luck.....you might even run into some elk, especially mid week. Weekends have a LOT of hikers/bikers.

UT1031 is right. A 217 (or so) non-typical was killed up that trail last year (late). Good luck!

Thanks guys I will give it heck and see what I can turn up. I was also going to ask is there places to camp up big or little cottonwood canyons? Anywere somewere out on the front

Almost right across the street from the mill d trailhead, there is a campground for tents/rvs. It's called the spruces. Probably booked for this holiday weekend, but you could call for last minute cancelations. Or if you're feeling up to it, bivy out at desolation lake.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom