Wasatch moose

Despite the fact that bull moose are big and black, they are very hard to find in the summer when it's hot They mostly lay in the shade all day and only show briefly, if at all early and late when it's cool. I burnt lots of gas money learning that lesson, while scouting them in Wyoming in a great unit many years ago.
My advice would be to not panic too much until it cools and the rut gets closer. Then they will be more visible as they start to look for the ladies. Archery deer/elk hunters are a good source of info if you know any hunting in your haunts. I'd drive around and hit them up for moose info.
Best of luck.

There is a real whopper hanging around the lodge pole campground up Daniels canyon. He has been right in the campground, but will probably be huntin up a little lady friend pretty soon.

I have seen some good ones up center street in heber. Had a really good one the trail cam in there too! Also been seeing some cows in there too Let me know if you need any help. I can point ya in the right direction. When does thr hunt start?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom