Wasatch Precision Arms

one_dryboot

Long Time Member
I have heard some great things about these guys. I talked to brad down at the expo about there guns and im leaning toward buying one.

Does anybody own one of there rifles, or shot one? just wondering what other people think?

I'm sure there's a lot of people on this site with experience using Brad's guns.

I don't have one of his customs but he accurized my factory 30-378. I have been very happy with his work. My gun is capable of a 5" group at 600 yards. That's pretty good considering I'm just an average hunter.

The one thing I'd be aware of if you get one of his "Tejas" guns is that they are basically wildcats and the work to develop the brass might be a pain.

That's why I just went with the factory chamber.

Some of that Tejas stuff..
is Freaky..scary...

Better be ready to handle it,
before you go down that road..

On several levels..

lrv

168 grain Bergers at 4000 fps...
is crazy/freaky to this tx white boy.

I could probably be talked into it though....

:)

4000fps? what caliber?

Im thinking 300 tejas 168 berger@ 3700fps. Ive talked to a few guys over the last 3 years that love em. Its going to be my long ranger.

Ill tell you what.... Ill be the Ginny Pig and try it out. Ill let you know how it goes. If it shoots as good as they say ill be a happy Ut white boy!

Spartacus,

what bullet are you shooting in your 30-378 and what is the FPS? Did it shoot that good before you sent it in?

I shoot a 180 grn Accubond at 3415 fps. I don't think my gun shoots any faster after Brad worked on it, but it definitely shoots better groups and at longer ranges.

Brad also accurized my brothers RUM. He does awesome muzzle breaks as well.

If I could do it again, I'd by the cheapest Remington SPS RUM and have Brad trick it out. It would be the best shooting gun for under $1000 that you could get.

Muzz
You'll probably spend around $500 for a SPS. Looking at their website you'll spend another $400 + having the action worked on.
Blueprint action $250, and it doesn't say what work that includes
Sako Extractor $140
Bolt handle $115
In the end you'll be into a Remington action for around $900+ that will be worth less if you try to sell it. You can buy a custom action for the same price or less that will be better built and hold it's value. I started to go that way until I started researching my options. I ended up buying a Borden Timberline Magnum action. The action was $925 and $250 for a Jewel trigger. Check them out first.
http://www.bordenrifles.com/Alpine_Timberline_actions.html
Wes

I talked to Brad at the Expo as well. That dude knows his stuff!!!!!!!!! I may have him do a carbon barrel on my 300 WSM some day if I can part with the cash. He claims that with the carbon barrel, action bedding and squaring, he gaurentee's that my groups will be cut in half at all distances!!(I'm shooting 1" groups at 100 yds now).
5" at 600 yds sounds pretty freaking sweet to me, I'm no comp shooter, however to hold those kind of groups with a hunting rifle is pretty impressive.

}}-SLIVER-->

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom