Way to go Montana Gov.

A man with a sack.

This anti-wolf thing is gaining momentum fast. We all need to keep on it.

It's a start.

They've got a ways to go to catch Alaska's wolf management program.
My friend has "wolf management" down to a science up there.

:)

002ghr.jpg

Awesome I hope this sticks....now for a stupid question for anyone who knows,can a state governor override federal law like this with out major ramifications? And if so why don't the other states follow suit and take this avenue to solve the wolf problems,with out going through all the legal battles that are taking place write now.......?

Can a governor override the federal government. In my opinion (was the 'smart kid' in school)...YES.

However, that is what the civil war was all about...the right and sovereignty of the states versus the power of the federal government.

Maybe it's time to "try" again....different weaponry but the time may be right to see where the power and judgment lies. (Probably already know where the judgment is....)

Within the shadows, go quietly.

Awesome, awesome, awesome...What I don't understand is why all affected states by wolves haven't filed lawsuits against the feds for breach of contract by not sticking to the original agreements written in the re-introduction of wolves?? This is great leadership by one man...Thank you.

Good for the Governor for telling the Feds to kiss off! This will have major ramifications and more than likely cause an immediate lawsuit to be filed, just like the Feds have filed against Arizona and it's Governor on the illegal alien situation down there. This states rights thing is just getting off the ground and will probably continue because the Dems in DC think they are God!!! It all started with jamming the Health Care plan down our throats, then continued with the AZ debacle, and now is continuing with the Governor telling them Montana will do what they need to do on the wolf situation. Good for him and I hope the surrounding state Governors follow his lead!!!

I hope this is for real and not just saber rattling to make us think he is doing something. His comment: " I am directing FWP, to the extent allowed by the Endangered Species Act, to cull these wolves by whole-pack removal to enable elk herds to recover." means he is not ready to just thumb his nose at them.

He is still saying he will abide by the endangered species act.....

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

I'm no expert on the Act, but I don't believe it allows taking out packs of wolves just because they are causing drastic wildlife damage like it does when they are causing problems with domestic animals. That's where I think he's stretching things to see what the Feds will do.

Can he legally order the wardens to do that were wolves are still under the Endangered Species Act? I think the whole livestock interaction part is probably okay, but I don't know about entire pack removal to help the elk. It seems off to me, not that I disagree, just legally I think he doesn't have the power to cull packs to help the elk unless they are killing livestock. Maybe they could bait them with sheep in the Bitterroot Valley and sit there and wait for the wolves!?

Help me out here where I don't understand fully.

He can do whatever he wants. States rights will tell you that. The only problem is, if Montana gets any federal funds, which they probably do. The feds will put the pressure on the Gov. to pull those funds. It happened in Nevada under Jimmy Carter with the 55 mile an hour rule during the gas crunch in the late seventies.

Thanks, Brownie

LAST EDITED ON Feb-16-11 AT 09:28PM (MST)[p]fellow sportsmen,

i am on a Delta Flight somewhere over Colorado, headed for Utah. We gattling gunned a bunch of Senaotrs and Congressman the last two days.

i sent out an email that DDAY had launched Monday, while the final version of what the US Congress does to Competely remove Wolves from ESA protection is being finnalized, sportsmen, ranchers and businessman finally together, and Governor Sweitzer added one more victory on teh wolf war battlefield

This is a Rooseveltian day for Conservation. US Senator Hatch and Sen. Barrasso laid the wood to some folks like i have never seen before, as did Democratic Congressman Jim Matheson of Utah and Mike Ross of Arkansas, and Congresswoman lumis of WY and Chaffetz UT and Rehberg of MT.

you can see more than 55 US Senators and Congressman who want wolves delisted at www.biggameforever.org and click on the blog page at the top. scroll down past Rob Kecks comments to see the map, many more on one the support since the map was posted.

AFter Sweitzer did his deal, i will bet 100 Senators and Congressman will be there tomorrow

Randy and Connie Brooks put up $100,000 a year ago and said go fix this. A young sportsmen named Ryan Benson, Harvard Law graduate gave up a HELL of a lucrative patent law practice and has worked 18-20 hour days for the last year to put together a great armada of folks to come to this day.

A prominent Texas Trial Attorney named Ted Lyon did MORE than most will ever know, including a private dinner last night with some of the highest Democrats in DC.

TEd Nugent pounded away relentlessly this past week. he personally light up a congressman who wanted to surrender

Foxworthy, Malone and others have been in it since day one.

many other sportsmen have worked for this day for ten years, Robert Fanning, Toby Bridges, and many others.

the war is not over, but we are negotiating the terms of surrender.

It is going to be fun to write a book about this effort teh last year. i get a few shots taken at me on MM, but, as Nancy REgan wrote her book, My Turn, one day i am taking few shots, but for now, lets stay focused on finishing the fight.

RMEF, MDF, SFW, BGF have been at the forefront of this epic battle, join us to finish the fight.

join us at www.biggameforever.org

Don Peay
Founder SFW

Meanwhile the republicans in MT are doing everything in their power to drag down the average sportsman...

Big time thanks to SFW for being in the middle and sticking up for us average Joes. ;-)

On a seperate subject, Montana Gov. put a halt to trucking several hundred infected bison to slaughter. These are bison that walked out of Yellowstone Park because they were looking for food. Gov. said you can not truck those bison on Montana roads for fear of the spread of brucelosis to cattle. Now the Park service has to feed them at there expense. The Feds are scratching their heads on this one.

Julius

How do they know that all these bison were infected? whackemstackem, Its Matt Mead, and he is kind of a moron in my opinion, but If you wrote him a letter, I do hope you spelled his name correctly.

The Bison were tested for the disease. This migration of the bison has been happing for years. Normally when the bison get out of the park they have been shot. The state of Montana does not want to lose there Brucelosis free status. The anti's always put up a fuss when they hear the bison are going to be destroyed. Now the fight will be between the National Parks and the anti's.

I was involved with the anti wolf movement from 2002-2009 years ago when I was frustrated, burnt out, and left. The anti wolf movement was unorganized and at the time RMEF still didn't admit we had a problem. The only people talking about this were affected sportsmen. The three states were fighting each other, and no one had a plan.
I went to the Full Curl society social in Utah where DK Peay did a wonderful job of motivating the troops. I'm back in. Now this movement appears to be growing wings and we all need to help. It seems to me that there is now a plan.
Forward the www.biggameforever.org link to every non-hunter and hunter in your inbox. Sportsmen are sitting at the Texas Holdem no limit tournament and the stakes are for all of our hunting in the Western United States. This is the incremental war that animal rights extremists have been trying to win for decades, and they are very close to winning.
The most shocking fact you can point to non hunters is the moose problem. Wyo G&F counts had moose at 1400 in 1995, and now in 2011 there is 140. We won't have a quantifiable moose population in Yellowstone within the next two years. Even non hunters should be outraged as, say this out loud, "there will be no moose in Yellowstone in two years". This is a 90%+ reduction in moose in the Jackson herd unit in 15 yrs, it's insane.
Some of you hate SFW and that's fine now you can make a donation of time or money directly to big game forever who is a coalition of most of the major sportsmen?s groups and lots of the ag guys. If you can't donate money, donate time.
We can't afford to lose this one. Eric,

P.S. Kudos to the Montana Gov, a breath of fresh air from Montana's elected elite.

!!

Hoooray for Governor Schweitzer!
It is refreshing to see a politician take a stand against the all mighty Feds!
I hope this pushes the Wolf issue over the top!
Thanks Governor!!!

>Meanwhile the republicans in MT are
>doing everything in their power
>to drag down the average
>sportsman...
>
>Big time thanks to SFW for
>being in the middle and
>sticking up for us average
>Joes. ;-)

WTF are you talking about?

Not sure if you're from Montana or not, but the state legislature is pounding is getting pounded by anti-access and anti-wildlife bills being backed by Republicans. Schweitzer is a Democrat, and is willing to make a stand like this. Just pointing it out.

That is a letter that all Western Governers need to copy and send in as well. With a united front from all Western States, the feds will have to back off and remove the Canadian wolf from being protected here.

Thanks Gov, Thanks Don, Thanks SFW, Thanks Full Curl and everyone else who has been willing to fight a battle that some said was a losing battle.

Kyle aka Zeke

Guys here is a link to he Governors comment page. I just sent a guick note thanking him for taking this stance.
http://governor.mt.gov/contact/commentsform.asp

It might be agood idea if we all send a guick thank-you as I am sure the Enviros are burning up his offices phones today!!!!!

I don't like the guy, for other issues I have with the State Land Board, but I would be more than happy to buy him a beer for this one!

HH good link. I find it interseting that there are only 8 comments ( half by the blogger)on that site and over 30 on this site alone. HMMMM I wonder who the majority is on this issue??????

I just posted this on the Howling for Justice blog:

?They all know there is no crisis, wolves aren't eating all the elk and they certainly aren't even in the running for being a big threat to livestock.?

You folks have to be blind. The moose & elk numbers around Yellowstone are in complete collapse! I have 11 moose points to hunt in Wyoming and I can't draw my tag because each time I apply WYG&F has to drop the quota due to wolf predation. I have invested and waited 12 years to kill my moose. I had to switch unit choices the last 3 straight years moving southward from unit 20 to 23 to 26, away from the wolves. These are less desirable trophy moose units each year. I'm running out of room people! Only one unit to the Colorado state line!

The wolves gotta go."

Think the moderator will approve it? :D

Good one zim! It made me laugh. I don't think they will appreciate your stance.

Zeke

change a few letters in the name Schw and you get a man with a pair, unlike the Schw in CA that let the nurses union whooop his a** Time to call the Gov all the way from CA and say thanks from all of us. Calling now

I would say the Gov of Mt a stud. I would be happy to shake his hand. I hope the fed sue and lose then what? kiss those big dogs goodbye.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

They posted my comment on that wolf blog.

Some lady replied ".........Before the re-introduction of wolves to Yellowstone in 1995, elk were alert only about 5% of the time?we could say they were literally behaving like cows. They stayed on one place for a long time, and entered aspen, willow and cottonwood woods without the slightest fright. They had no predators to worry about, therefore being very easy to hunt........"

So I left a reply. It takes the moderator a while to screen though. Check that link, there should be some entertaining threads going. :D

I as well wrote to the Governor. Im sure the hippies are writting to their voices. We should to ours too. If they get no support, they may give up?

Zim I lauged out loud about the elk only being awake 5% of them time. I wrote a reply about that but they yanked it. LOL

That radical site just posts a short hunter comment here and there for the wolf-lovers to gang up on. No doubt the moderator rejects the vast majority of comments from hunters. I've submitted 5 messages and they only posted the one.

>That radical site just posts a
>short hunter comment here and
>there for the wolf-lovers to
>gang up on. No
>doubt the moderator rejects the
>vast majority of comments from
>hunters. I've submitted 5
>messages and they only posted
>the one.

I too, have put some messages on that board that have not been accepted... They won't accept anything that'll make sense. They want all their wolf loving companions to stay on their side...

"Like a midget at the urinal, always be on your toes!"
www.Anacondatreasure.com
www.rwmurals.com
http://www.themontanagallery.com/

How are game wardens and biologists in Montana going to react to this?? Risk Federal prosecution because your boss tells you to start killing wolves. I hope the state has plans to defend these guys if they actually think they will follow through on the Gov's orders.

thats right shotgun. it's just lipservice nothing more. when i lived in alaska gov. murkowski ordered helicopters up and shot the heck out of them. this is doing something. standing on a soapbox preaching with your fingers crossed behind your back is just preaching to the choir..........

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom