Wear TapouT 3/13

High5

DEAREST FRIENDS AND FAMILY

It is with heavy hearts and great sadness that we must regretfully confirm the passing of our beloved friend, brother and co-founder Charles "Mask" Lewis following a car accident that occurred early Wednesday morning. We are currently in the process of setting up a memorial service in his honor and will release more details as they become available.

Many thanks to all for the outpouring of blessings and well-wishes during this incredibly difficult time.

Many have chosen tomorrow 3/13 to wear TapouT during their day in tribute to the man that inspired us all.
Charles "Mask" Lewis RIP

OK, I'll bite. What is TapouT? Some kind of crash helmut/ body armor or what. I have no clue other than the dude had more money than brains.

Bean

Sorry, but that was suicide. I won't miss him.

I bet some poor grunt died in Iraq yesterday and I don't see a "wear in " for him.

What makes this Mask dude so special? Bet my best rifle he has drugs in his autopsy.

Fred,

The guy in the middle is the one who this is about.
49b9df42693bc85d.jpg

Brian

Sorry, this plick was no Mother Teresa. Kids and their hero's....give me a break. No doubt he was speeding to get to the childrens hospital on time for the fundraiser. Nice photo with the 'posse' though. Looks like a click above slim shady, that's about it.

498a6f395e505405.jpg

Dang! My bad. I should never have prejudged Mr.Mask, knowing so little about him, other than the media reports.

Now, after actually seeing a photo of this wholesome young man and his friends, how could I have been so rude????

I am now convinced that my drug comment was totally unwarranted.

Fred - TapouT is a line of clothing, apparel and equipment geared towards MMA and other so called "extreme" sports. They are a major sponsor of the UFC and have been very active in promoting MMA and the culture that surrounds it. It was a live hard die fast life for Mr. "Mask" - he died racing his $300K Ferrari 599 GTB against a Porsche.

Here is a thread that talks about it and has some other interesting links:

http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID11/9663.html
UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

It's a shame; but to be completely honest, I'm more upset that he wrecked that beautiful Ferrari.

I give him credit for living the idiotic lifestyle of his target market; but he's an idiot.

So let's change this thread to "Wear Ferrari Gear 3/13".

" to the man who inspired us all" Speak for yourself.

How exactly did he inspire you? Did he inspire you to walk around life with a painted face or what?

For those of you that dont watch MMA here's the reason why he will be missed.....

He and the other two Tapout dudes would spend a lot of time and money helping young troubled fighters be better people...They would take them out of the hood or ghetto and set them up with good MMA trainers and even pay room and board as long as they stayed out of trouble...

And yes I agree racing on public streets was stupid...At least he killed himself and not someone else...Hopefully the girl makes it out ok...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

"Don't judge a book by its cover" comes to mind here. He is a PR guy and his image sells his product. He screwed up by acting like an idiot and he paid the highest price. However, his company did a lot for a sport that some of us here follow. I guarantee that without Tapout, MMA would not be in the mainstream as it is now. They created revenue to promote this sport. Just my two cents.

Steve

LAST EDITED ON Mar-13-09 AT 12:07PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Mar-13-09 AT 12:06?PM (MST)

I am an MMA fan, being that I wrestled my whole life. I have alot of respect for the sport and guys doing it. Also, I do respect Mask for doing what he did for the sport and for being an entrepreneur.

Oh, and BuckSnort, what he did for troubled fighters is called promoting. Boxing promoters have been "saving" troubled fighters from the streets for years. It's nothing more than an investment. If a troubled fighter is good. Keep him out of trouble, train him, get him in the public eye, and then drape him in TapOut gear and insert clause after clause in his contract.

Sure, some of us on the thread were judging this "book by his cover"; but considering what how he died and almost killed another person, don't you think this "book" is alot like his "cover"?

BGbasbhat ,

I was just trying to put a different spin on things...I was just pointing out some of the good things he did for the sport thats all..I figured I would get a reply like yours..And your right..helping the troubled fighters was a big investment for tapout but no matter how you look at it they/he still helped them even if they did profit from thier investment...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

I wore a tapout shirt today....but it is normal for me to wear some sort of tapout or ufc wear on weekends and for sure if it is fight night.
I love the sport of mma and the tapout crew was there in the beginning and did a lot to help others and make the sport what it is today. Along the way they were successful and made a bit of money.
They had a TV show, as much as I tried to.....I could not watch a whole episode, what I would do is record the episode so I could fast forward to the fight. They were too obnoxious for my liking. Their saying ?American, Arrogant and in your face? fit.
I'm not going to try and defend Mask, even though the details of the accident haven't been released, it seems like he played with fire and got burned. The saying ?live fast die hard? comes to mind. Anyway?. hopefully the girl recovers fine.

BGbasbhat your ?wear Ferrari Gear 3/13? cracked me up, if I had a Ferrari shirt I think I would have wore it half of the day

I did wear my Ferrari shirt today but what I did was cut into a half shirt. I cut it just below the Ferrari emblem so my belly was showing. It was so sexy and it really took me back to the eighty's!! Good times....

Steve

I am a mma fan, but not a tapout fan. The costumes and make up made me feel like they were trying to make mma more like allstar wrestling. I like the sport, not the antics.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom