Weather in elk/deer seasons

hntbambi

What is the weather like during Oct/Nov (rifle/ML seasons) around the Gila or units 34/36 areas? Granted, elevation will determine what the temps are like, but what about typical elk/deer country areas to set up camp? I am shopping for a tent and trying to decide if I will go with a canvas wall tent/blend wall tent/or a thinner wall tent (Cabelas Alaknak II).

What is the liklyhood of snow during this time? Is it common, uncommon, or what? This is my second winter in NM, but I have not ventured into the woods yet (have not drawn a tag).

Small chance of snow, but, always possible.

The ML/Rifle seasons are in Oct and most of the rains are over by then.

Count on Wind though.

To answer buy the best tent you can get. Wind may be your worst enemy. We had a mild fall this year, but, it can always be nasty.

Coldest week I spent here was in Nov.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom