Western Hunter Magazine - Vol. 9 Issue 4

Founder

Founder Since 1999
One of the reasons I like this magazine is the fact that it's a bit different from many of the others. The columns by different hunting pros are enjoyable to read......and something can typically be learned.

The European Mounts article by Trent Swanson was informative. I wish I knew of a beetle guy here in the Salt Lake Valley, cause I ended up boiling my sons skull from this past year, and it is a stinky, all-day job.

Chris Denham's article, "The Application Competition" is one to read for sure. Like in years past, his goes briefly over many western states talking about their application process, some prices, etc. This is VERY GOOD info. for those who are just getting involved in the multi-state application game.

And as always, Mark Paulsen's column is always a good one to get a person fired up to exercise and eat right. Good health is a key ingredient when it comes to most hunts.

You can subscribe to Western Hunter Magazine at: http://www.westernhunter.net

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

Thanks for the kind words Brian! We try our best to be a little different, but still put out useful information.

As for beetle guys, most taxidermists will know about them, but they often want to sell you the whole package with a plaque, etc., not just the skull cleaning/whitening.

On your taxidermy page I found these two listings:

Judkins Custom Taxidermy, located in Salt Lake City, Utah....135 W. Stratford ave. (2550 S.) - Specializing in big game, and European mounts (cleaned with dermisted beetles). Call Jeremy Judkins at 801-694-4466. Visit our web site at: http://www.judkinscustomtaxidermy.com

Skull Designs, located in Salem, Utah - With the use of dermestid beetles, your skulls can be cleaned to perfection, resulting in professional, quality looking skulls with all nasal bones and features intact. Great prices and a quick turn around. Taxidermists welcome! We offer great rates for just cleaning the skulls. And we also do horn mounts and have plaques available. Give us a call at: (801) 362-0725

(It looks like this is guy you need to call!)

CONGRATULATIONS bigwop69!

(For anyone that doesn't know what bigwop is talking about, we're running a subscription promotion with some great gear. Check it out on our website listed below.)

-----
Trent Swanson
Western Hunter Magazine
www.westernhuntermagazine.net
Outdoorsmans
www.outdoorsmans.com
Wilderness Athlete
www.wildernessathlete.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom