Western North Dakota housing

shotgun1

A friend of mine who is frustrated with his job comes over last night and starts talking about quitting his job and moving to NoDak to work in the oil fields. Since I go bird hunting in NoDak every year, I say go for it, a free place for me to stay when I go there. So we go on Craigslist to look at what housing might be. WTF!!!!!!!!! You gotta be $h!tting me?

A 19' travel trailer to live in-$2500/mo.
Rooms in houses- $45-$90/per night.
4 bedroom POS looking house for sale for only $350,000.
4 bedroom house for rent for $7500 per month.
5 bedroom house for rent for $8000 per month.
A 1980 something Motorhome for rent for $1800 per month.
And other rooms in houses for rent from $350 -$500 per week.

WTF??

I've got two buddies up there now. Housing is really nonexixtent. I looked at going but the old lady wasn't so hot on the idea. The two companies they work for had places where a guy could park a motorhome/5th wheel. It's either that or a man camp (NOT to be confused with secret clubhouse). It's a little slow up there now, only 60 or so hours a week, but come spring, your buddy will be azz deep in hours. Good luck.

The Money is Good!

But is it that Good?

Been a bunch of people up there get Ripped off by Non-Paying Companies too!

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

trucker drivers start at $25.00
They say come spring they will need 60,000 workers, right now They are drilling and capping wells.

HOUSING you better take it with you, there isn't crap left, Heck travel trailers prices have skyrocketed up in price for miles around ND.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Its the biggest boom we have ever seen. There is nothing like it right now. It's a mad house up there. Lots of money to be made if you go the right way about it. Got a cousin hauling water up there and another friend who owns his own crude oil trucks. You want to talk about $$ if you can get in on being an owner operator you looking at more money than you will know what to do with. If you go up there to work for someone you will make 100k but you got to add in the outrageous hours you will be working whick will sum up to around 25 bucks an hour. If you have no wife and kids and nothing else to do other than work I'm sure it would be good.

anyone here know how to go about getting a job up there?

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have
some good ideas!

>anyone here know how to go
>about getting a job up
>there?
>
>
>The voices in my head may
>not be real, but they
>have
>some good ideas!

just call one on the oil compaines, there are over 700 contractors up there. start by calling the drilling compaines located in eastern montana or the drilling compaines in wyoming.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom