Whale Wars

T

TINEBROTHER

I was curious to know what you guys thought of this show. Even though it is not a wolf issue or elk, ect. I feel it is important sportsman everywhere stand up for hunters/fisherman. In this show these people go out and throw things at the boats of the japanese fishing ships that try to kill whales. I cant believe how dumb these people are acting. At one point they board the Japanese ship! In one episode the captain claims he got shot... Watch close as he pulls the slug out of the vest.. I have never seen a slug look like that after hitting something! Have you? I am on the Japanese whalers. There is no proof that these "researchers" go over there "bag limit". I'm glad they do not represent our country.

KeeP in touch... ANTLER ADDICTION THERAPY GROUP on FB.

Is a .243 big enough for Whales? :)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

LAST EDITED ON Jan-22-12 AT 09:11PM (MST)[p]Paul Watson is a disgusting, multiple-conviction CRIMINAL.

The TV celebration of his pirate antics is simply revolting.

Unfortunately, people are generally quite stupid, and incredibly gullible with regard to insidious 'marketing strategy' and propaganda.

See the recent SFW concerned 'Boycott' threads for way too many examples. I'd be more than happy to consider 'Unity' if fewer folks were so easily beguiled by the betraying Judas faction that lurks within our ranks.

**edit---apologies for gettin a little bit off topic there ;)

I just liked the episode where they went to throw stink bobms on the deck of the Japanese ship and none of his reject crew knew how to throw....hahaha...they did so poorly that they had to take a day and teach the idiots how to throw a ball.

-----------------------------------------------
http://andymansavage.blogspot.com/

I can't stand what the Jap and Korean fishermen have done to the ocean, exploit and destroy is their only goal, to get them to abide by any treaty almost takes military action. They sail all over the sea raping one area and then moving on to the next, The Oceans are damaged beyond repair and no one will ever get to enjoy their previous bounty again because of the exploitive cultures of those people, that goes for sport fishing as well as commercial fishing. If you only knew what it was once like, I think you would choose your heros differently.

That captain looks like he has down syndrome. I cant believe such a moron is in over anyone, let alone a ship.

yeah i agree it is simply disgusting what they do. i seen one that they were trying to catcha rope in the prop of the fishermans ship in the middle of the ocean. they are pretty much attacking and assaulting these fisherman.

piper i expect nothing less out of you. your answer is so typical i was waiting for it.
There is no proof they are raping the ocean.

As much as I hate those pukes. Im not for whaling.

I think those whalers are basically poachers!

I am waiting for the "OPRAH" ship... Hell Bob Barker went and funded one. What a dink wad. Fitting for such a moronic show though.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

I love watching whale wars. I think those people are crazy. I don't agree with there methods, and I think they are needlessly putting the live of the Japanese at risk. I don't disagree with whaling, just like I don't disagree with hunting. As long as quota's are adhered to then all should be well. The problem is that Asian cultures do rape the sea. Sharks for example are fished for relentlessly and only the fins are taken. Such a waste of an amazing creature for soup so Japanese men can get a hard on. They have also created many endangered species such as tigers and Amur leopards. Sad deal. I don't like the environment nuts on whale wars. And they're going about this wrong. But in this case they do have a real concern

i think i can agree with broadfork. the only thing is , the ocean is broad and we dont know if the whales are really being overharvested or not .we have no way of making counts, we can speculate but its hard to say. the japanese should have quotas and should moderate their fishing. I think these anti whalers are going about it wrong. if they really want to make a difference they should be petitioniong to the japenese govt and working with the government to fix this problem. they are putting lives at risk and are often very reckless. i will not watch that show it is insane and wrong. these wacko antis always put animals ahead of human life and i think that is wrong. they are more sad when an animal dies or is injured than a human being. that is sick imo

I have watched most of Seasons 1 and 2... The people on those ships are crazy. There is no doubt. They risk their lives going down to the Antarctic to maybe save a whale or two from being "fished" out of the ocean. It's dangerous, and I don't agree with their methods, and probably wouldn't agree with a lot of what they believe in. They are hippie freaks in every sense of the word. Their energies should be spent saving human life before animal life.

However, in my opinion, whales are not much more than cows out in the ocean. I mean, as big as they are, and people can swim right next to them with almost no fear whatsoever. They are a docile, gentle creature that has historically been harvested for incredibly inconsequential rewards (e.g.-oil for lamps). I think those days are over. I don't believe any of us can benefit from the killing of whales. I don't think the Japanese are gaining much in the way of research from killing whales either... I don't think whales should be slaughtered.

If you doubt the asians intentions when it comes to ocean life-I challenge you to watch "The Cove" about the dolphin slaughter that occurs each year in the city of Taijii (sp) Japan. I think it will disgust any of you.

So where am I? I'm on the side of the whales I think- and they need to be protected from the Japanese as much as from the loser hippies on the show...

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

It's a prime example of the liberal media and what they'll do for ratings or viewership. These dudes should not be looked at as any kind of hero. They're just thugs with financial backing.

Someone ought to teach these whale "warriors" some manners!

I also think there are those who exploit the seas and whaling should be better controlled. They'll exploit the oceans for money until the resource is totally depleted.

Pretty much I hate both parties involved. I won't watch a show where I hate what everyone is doing!

Zeke

Japanese plunder the oceans no doubt. They harvest billfish illegally, salmon illegally and on land they are still pirating rare tropical trees for lumber. That said there is no way they are impacting the whale population to any degree and if one of those yahoos pulled that garbage on any other country they would be sunk and killed.

theox. right on.- trust the gov todo whats right,,,,,,no over fishing. no over grazing.no over taxes..,,ect ect,,,

I agree with Browningrage. however I think making a group tag available for draw. I think any animal needs to be harvested to a limit. We have been predators all throughout history. we have always killed animals and fish of any sort... however the amount of people and the new technologies improving made it to easy to harvest and then they needed regulations.

Hunters are ultimately consevationists. We are the main protectors of the game we hunt. We don't believe in the wanton slaughter. We also believe in the concept of "fair chase" We hate poachers and those that trash the forest. I admit that at one time in my life I had to lay down before dozers. Even hunters have to take a stand for that which they cherish.

elkun seems like crab quotas seem to help etc. what i meant was;they are getting no where sabotaging the japanese whalers. thewy would be better off trying to convince the jap govt to regulate better.

Havent caught the show. What network/time and such? I know, I know, I don't catch enough TV.

I watched it on netflix. I got through the one where the captain allegedly got shot

I'm all for the freedom to hunt. Was it right to ride on trains, smoking cigars, drinking whiskey and shooting buffalo just because everyone was doing it? Look where THAT got us.

What the Japanese are doing in the name of 'research' to these majestic animals is horrific. Can a bunch of people with pierced noses, tatoos and pony tails have something in common with a gun toten NRA member like me? I think maybe so!

Venison and Zinfandel are GOOD!

Loved it when the one guy sold his house to buy a boat that looked like a batmobile boat. He was going to use it to harass the whalers by speeding around them in circles and getting in front of them to slow them down while his buddies chased other whaling boats. First time he tried that trick the whalers did not stop for him and ran him over. Cut his boat right in half! You should have seen the look on his/their faces. Then they tried to tow the two pieces back. Finally realized it was slowing their chasing/tailing tactics down so they had to cut the tow line and let it sink. LOL

Good grief...I am in disbelief reading some of the comments here.

"What the Japs are doing to these majestic animals is horrific...we are well past the point of needing to hunt whales" (paraphrased...NOT singling anybody out)

Do you even realize the irony in such statements of sentiment? Such is the EXACT message the idiot greens spray about ANY animal hunted.

Of course the Intn'l whaling community could do better to manage its resource responsibly (talk about a can of worms)...moratoriums and transparently abused 'research' quotas are mutually ill-advised. But there is simply NO valid defense for this rogue group of ecoterrorists to be out on the high seas playing pirate.

Of much more imperative concern is the dire plight of the Greater Tuna, one of the planet's most incredibly awesome apex predators, which the Tokyo fish market and its progeny are well on the way to destroying utterly and completely.

But no one cares about the stupid fish. It is still fashionable in Western Culture to indulge unsustainable Jap cuisine without blinking an eye. There are no brain-dead television programs glorifying a shameless gang of CRIMINALS to exploit human ignorance and weakness of virtue for the cause of the damned tunafish.

Some of you on here are just plain embarrassing.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-24-12 AT 08:36AM (MST)[p]>What the Japanese are doing in
>the name of 'research' to
>these majestic animals is horrific.
> Can a bunch of
>people with pierced noses, tatoos
>and pony tails have something
>in common with a gun
>toten NRA member like me?
> I think maybe so .

Remember, these whale warriors are the same guys who would end our sport in a heartbeat. The same guys who disrupt hunts and harrass hunters. I want nothing to do with these eco-terrorists.

I have nothing in common with them except we share the same sphere.

Zeke

The US NAVY should sink them for piracy at sea,problem solved.As for the whales,if there is a huntable population that can sustian itself have at em.

About time somebody brought some sanity to this discussion!

>Good grief...I am in disbelief reading
>some of the comments here.
>
>
>"What the Japs are doing to
>these majestic animals is horrific...we
>are well past the point
>of needing to hunt whales"
>(paraphrased...NOT singling anybody out)
>
>Do you even realize the irony
>in such statements of sentiment?
>Such is the EXACT message
>the idiot greens spray about
>ANY animal hunted.
>
>Of course the Intn'l whaling community
>could do better to manage
>its resource responsibly (talk about
>a can of worms)...moratoriums and
>transparently abused 'research' quotas are
>mutually ill-advised. But there is
>simply NO valid defense for
>this rogue group of ecoterrorists
>to be out on the
>high seas playing pirate.
>
>Of much more imperative concern is
>the dire plight of the
>Greater Tuna, one of the
>planet's most incredibly awesome apex
>predators, which the Tokyo fish
>market and its progeny are
>well on the way to
>destroying utterly and completely.
>
>But no one cares about the
>stupid fish. It is still
>fashionable in Western Culture to
>indulge unsustainable Jap cuisine without
>blinking an eye. There are
>no brain-dead television programs glorifying
>a shameless gang of CRIMINALS
>to exploit human ignorance and
>weakness of virtue for the
>cause of the damned tunafish.
>
>
>Some of you on here are
>just plain embarrassing.

most of us need to do is look up the laws on whaling. and those that think whaling; and big game hunting are the same'. really ...are in need....

Lvtohunt posted "Loved it when the one guy sold his house to buy a boat that looked like a batmobile boat. He was going to use it to harass the whalers by speeding around them in circles and getting in front of them to slow them down while his buddies chased other whaling boats. First time he tried that trick the whalers did not stop for him and ran him over. Cut his boat right in half! You should have seen the look on his/their faces. Then they tried to tow the two pieces back. Finally realized it was slowing their chasing/tailing tactics down so they had to cut the tow line and let it sink. LOL"

So the greenies left their trash for the whales to choke on in the name of stopping the unstoppable????

GENIUS!!!

These scumbags are just showing us the measures they are willing to go to to stop killing of animals, destruction of property and risk of life and limb. We are on their agenda to be sure and this show is glorifying their fight, do you think they would do different when it comes to us?

Bill

Kill the buck that makes YOU happy!

>These scumbags are just showing us
>the measures they are willing
>to go to to stop
>killing of animals, destruction of
>property and risk of life
>and limb. We are on
>their agenda to be sure
>and this show is glorifying
>their fight, do you think
>they would do different when
>it comes to us?

+1

PS; To elkun, nobody said whales are the same as big game. What I AM saying is the pnicks fighting the whalers are the same pnicks who fight against our hunting heritage. They're bad dudes NOT heros!

Zeke

A perfect example of the old axiom...."it all depends on whose ox is getting gored".

Some of you guys are really funny!

If you substitute the word "whale" for the word "elk", you could get a HUGE group of people to scream about how wrong it is and that it is no longer necessary, or that it is barbaric.

The Japanese culture likes whale and tuna....sort of like MM culture likes deer and elk.

Start splitting hairs on the "right and wrong" of an issue and you may not be happy with the final results.

That said, I don't see anything wrong with a new reality show that features these whale watcher dorks, trying to survive on an iceberg that sunk their ship.

They would be SERIOUSLY hoping for a dead whale to float close by.

"Fathom the hypocracy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove that they are insured.....but not everyone must prove that they are a citizen"

Eco-terrorists. Risking human life for political ends is terrorism.

As far as plundering the seas goes, we have regulated our own fishing fleet out of existence. Fishing fleets now sail under foreign flags with little or no harvest limits. Great work, Feds.

From what I've read, Japan accounts for 65% of the total harvest from the sea. I guess saving tuna doesn't bring in the donations.

what i did find was. most of these whales are not kill for food;. makeup, candles, i wont go along with that. i dont think the other guys are right, but i wont stick upfor the japs...if they killed each other, would be the best thing,,,

There is no way to win in this situation to say you support Paul Watson and Sea Shepard says you think people have the right to risk other peoples lives in order to advance their political agenda.
If you think the Japanese Government is right then your saying that is OK to plunder and pillage the worlds oceans for financial gain by breaking international treaties because the rest of the world has bigger problems and doesn't have the resources to stand up to you in international court or on a military level.
There is no right or wrong in my opinion just two wrongs and like the old saying goes the good guys always win well what happens when two bad guys are fighting we all loose.

I will not watch the show I suggest you all do the same and maybe if enough people stop watching it they will cancel the show, I have voiced my opinion I respect yours please respect mine.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom