What did you draw???

Califelkslayer

Long Time Member
I struck out with max points for WY elk.

Wife and I skunked in Utah.

Nada in Nevada.

Gonna apply for a controlled elk and deer hunt in Idaho.

We each have a "B" tag and hoping to draw X6A with 2 PPs this year.

no WY elk
waiting on deer

0 for NV

Book Cliffs deer and Plateau Antelope in Utah

a lot of points and fingers crossed in CA

LE ELK TAG IN COLORADO......ON PRIVATE PROPERTY, & A BOOKS RIFLE DEER TAG IN UTAH.......BEEN LUCKY. NEXT YEAR ARIZONA ELK IS DUE,,,,,,AN AFRICA IS IN THE WORKS FOR A PLAINS GAME HUNT.........10 ANIMALS IN 14 DAYS. PLUS I POPPED 4 HOGS THURSDAY......HAD A BALL............YD.

Nothing so far but i didn't expect to either.Put in for X5B with max points should be a sure thing.Max points for Wyoming Deer should draw based on past odds.

Other than that does not look good.Steep odds for New Mexico Elk and Deer along with Arizona Deer.Max points for everything else in Cali but so do alot of other people.

Drew a 071 deer tag in NV, a Unit 70 deer tag in COLO for 2nd season and now waiting on CALI....not sure why...LOL

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Drew 201-204 late tag for NV....5th choice and had way too many points,but we wanted to hunt NV. this year..should be fun
Hope CA pulls thru on a Elk,Ant or sheep tag this year...fingers crossed!

Kilo, let me know how 70 is this year if you would PM me. I have enough PPs to draw third next year. I'll also have enough PPs to do a WY deer/antelope hunt. But with the winter kill I may put that off for another year or two. And the family will have enough PPs next year to do the "kill small bulls in Colorado" hunt again next year.

Actually hoping I skunk out on the 6A tag and Idaho controlled hunts. 2 "B" tags apiece in September will give me the entire chukar season. With a new pup, good carry over and wet spring, I'm thinking this is the year for some real chukar numbers.

Gotta go work with the pup.

Good luck guys on the remaining draws and with the tags you already have.

Zero for CO,UTAH& NV.I drew tag's for SD.& KS.I'm waiting for CA. NM. OR.& AZ.Good luck to you guy's on your hunt's.

Arizona Antelope..Unit 10 Rifle

Nothing in Wyoming, Utah or Nevada..Lots applications in...Time will tell..

Zero in UT, NV. Got the combo tag in MT, hope to draw a special permit. But if I dont, its all good.

I drew Wasatch Bull Moose in Utah.

Should draw Deer and Antelope in Wyoming.

Still waiting for Montana and Oregon Sheep.

Hoping to draw Elk in California someday.

Rick

MT elk/ deer combo. Will go archery for elk. Utah limited entry bull for La Sal late. CO 4th season deer in 72 and private land bull tag. Struck out in AZ with 13 elk points. Nothing in WY or NV. Good luck to you guys this Fall.

Jerad

WY unit 45 elk. thats about it so far.

hoping for something in CA this year besides D8.

Also just put down a deposit on a 21-day trip to the Selous in 2012 with my dad, brother, and grandpa.

Unsuccessful in Utah and Nevada for both elk and deer. Bought a point in CO. Waiting on WY deer and antelope which I should get. Waiting on Ca....max points so I'm a shoe in for Goodale. :) Debating on accumulating a point or two in AZ to expand my possibilities of hunting anyother state than WY every year.

Steve
Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team America World Police

LAST EDITED ON May-30-11 AT 08:41PM (MST)[p] Going hunting for Mule deer in unit 143 in Southeastern Colorado

Hunter, I drew a 015 antelope to go with my Utah Wasatch ELK tag, don't need anything else. WEll maybe a cali sheep tag Vic

Nothing in Nevada I should draw X6B in California and area W in Wyoming although no points in wyomoing 94% chance of drawing and of course they open the same day. I want to hunt the last week in california anyway. PP for Colorado.

Drew a 3rd season cow in CO and am waiting on Calif. One of these days I am going to draw Anderson Flat and Grizzley ISland.

Nothing in NV or Utah and will get pts for Wy, with CA still to go. Did draw 066 Colorado 3rd season with two of my boys though. Any of you guys hunted it or know anything about it? I have some info but trying to find out all I can of course being I have never been there before, just research. Thanks

Hey Downhill. I heard you guys drew 66. I'll ended up getting a 61 tag for the same time. Should be a fun fall for all of us this year!

Hammnit

Waiting
>on Ca....max points so I'm
>a shoe in for Goodale.

Hey Steve.. That makes two of us (max points) so I know were both going to draw G3. I wish that my Lone Pine Elk tag was for the same time as the G3 deer so I could combine the hunts both deer and elk at the same time but looks like it's going to have to be two separate trips. Maybe we can enlist Nickman's guide services.. What do you think? Going to be a busy fall..

Jim

Arizona Unit 9 archery elk in September and Utah Southern region rifle deer in late October. It should be a good fall, but a Devil's Garden Muzz tag would really lock it in as a great year. I would love to hunt 3 states with 3 different weapons in the same year.

Pruney

I've got a Utah antelope tag for the Plateau, a Colorado 3rd season deer tag, and I should also get my Wyoming antelope tag.

Struck out in NV,AZ(elk),WY(elk and moose)
still waiting on CA,OR,WY(deer),SD,AZ(deer),ID, and NM

Good luck to all that have drawn tags and to all that are waiting for more results.

CABugle

Pruney Arizona is an Incredible place to hunt Elk you should have a Awesome time.I can't wait to hunt there again but with only 3 points now it will be awhile.

Vic, I know you know 015 pretty good. i do have a couple of out of the way places I see good bucks every Oct. They should be there in August too. Let me know if you want me to check them out for you in late July. If I find something special I'll show it to you........or you could ride along one day.

Thanks oilcan and I agree. I have been down there many times in early Sep helping brothers on their hunts, running cameras, and OTC archery deer (closes day befor elk opens). I just hope conditions are right for a great hunt. So far so good. My brother and I both drew so we are now under pressure.

I hear you on the 3 point problem. I will look for less popular units starting next year but it will probably be another 10 years before I go back with a elk tag in hand.

Pruney

I pulled a 041-042 NV Speed Goat tag this year...it's about time!

Here in my home state of CA I hope to...

1. kill a massive 30 incher on the G-3 deer hunt.

2. slay a 16 in+ goat on the Likely Tables antelope hunt

3. arrow a cow tule elk on an antlerless/archery hunt

4. hang my coveted sheep tag on a desert bighorn in the alpine
region of the White Mountains.

If all else fails...I'll settle for my usual, lots of deer hunting in my local zone, D-6.

As for other outta-state stuff...

I plan to go out to Wyoming on an antelope hunt with a group of close friends in area 48. We all have enough preference points to guarantee tags this year so I've already blocked out the time on my calender.

I also plan to return to AZ to continue my quest for a trophy coues deer. Had some bad luck last year in 36b but have a line on a new area where we should be able to draw tags for one of the early rifle hunts.

Maybe 2011 will be one to remember...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom