What did you forget?

N

NVBaldBeaver

So not saying that you have, although Im sure we all have, but what is the one item that you have gotten into the backwoods and said, "Wow, I knew I forgot something?" or something you never thought you would need, and realized how nice it would have been if you brought.
~BaldBeaver

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."~Jack Kerouac

I remember putting my gun in the case, tying it on my pack, loading up the llamas and packing 6 or 7 miles back in the rubys for a few days of buck hunting, it was just clearing up after an early oct snow storm, and the hiking was tough, early the next morning it was cold,clear, and perfect with 3 or 4 inches of fresh snow on the ground, Just before light I went to put a shell in the chamber and discovered there was no bolt, I had left it sitting on my bed back at home.

lol. My tag. I shot a deer and I went into my pack for my tag and it was not there. I had left it on the desk with my knife. lol

("For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. Ephesians 2:8-9")

Last year I went Javelina hunting in Arizona and left my shells at home. Instead of the full boxes a shells I took two empty boxes of shells with just the brass in the box. I save brass for a friend to reload. Just took a walk til Walmart in Kingman opened and they didn't have any 270 shells!!!!!

I seem to forget my spork quite often. One year I forgot my wifes birthday, oh wait, maybe I should have put this in the "Scared" forum, hee hee. fatrooster.

ONE YEAR I FORGOT BEER !
ANOTHER I FORGOT TO CHANGE FROM FIELD TO BROAD HEADS.
ANOTHER I FORGOT EXTRA GAS IN THE MIDDLE OF BFE!
T.P WAS THE WORST THE ANTS DONT APPRECIATE YOU USING SAGE,
KEYS TO ATV WOULD HAVE BOON USEFULL ON ONE TRIP!

Drove all the way to the Sheldon for my buddies deer hunt, and he had grabbed two empty boxes of shells.

I have had to turn around 50 miles from home to go back and get my tag.

Here that! Treed
We were heading out afterA good snow to kill A lion. Loaded the dogs in the front of the trailer saddled the mules tied them to the hitchen post.
Well we headed to the mountain got to the canyon we were riding up. Got out got ready guess what no mules we left them tied up by the barn!!!!

I forgot my hunting boots one day while heading out to Bow hunt Roosevelt Elk. It was the last weekend of season so I decided I head out for the hike I had planned already. The problem is all I had was my flip flop sandles that I wore before changing into my hunting clothes. Anyway I hiked in around 4 miles and ending up killing a small bull. I was by myself so I quartered it up and packed it to the nearest road. Since this was walk in access only I packed one of the hind quarters to my truck and was getting ready to head into town to get my uncle's help. Only one problem I'd left my keys in my fanny pack back at the Elk! Back in for my keys and another hind quarter. The next day my right foot fealt like it was broken. Good news is if you look on my right wrist you'll see a bracelet, it's from the hospital, my wife and I had just had our second son two days before so luckily she had plenty of pain pills for my foot as she had a c-section.

4452flip_flop_3.jpg

CoCatChaser, now that there is funny!
Hoghead, I can't believe you still went hunting in flip flops. Great story. fatrooster.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom