What did you pick for Deer?

I figured I would throw everyone a curve out there and went with 12A archery and 31 nov whities, just kiddin, BP only for me!

After drawing 13b in 2008 and 13a in 2009 i decided to leave my strip tag for the less fortunate this year. :) Desert Deer for me this year.

I heard often that unit 45 has some nice Coues there, so I chose only the December whitetail hunt there. ;-)

You are welcome to visit my Photo Gallery here http://dougkoepsel.smugmug.com/
CoyoteButtesSo_721.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jun-22-10 AT 12:13PM (MST)[p]Redrabbit,
Let me know if you got drawn. Last year while sheep hunting we saw a couple bomber whities in there. 120 bucks were chasing does everywhere;-)

archery strip deer 4pts

22,31-32 sheep 17pts

Basically I will get points but we all can dream right....

If someone draws a sheep tag I am willing to help!!!! Haven't done it in 4 years and miss it! Good luck everyone

Eric

12a west 1st
17a 2nd

1 point

decided to put in with some friends and just have and enjoyable time out. I cut my teeth in 17a 32 years ago and we like it for sentimental reasons.

11 points for deer, so 13B only.

For Rocky Mtn. sheep with 16 points, Foote Creek.

My sweetie applied for 13B first choice, 12A west early second with six points, she'll get her 2nd choice for sure.

Don Martin

13B with 13 BP's non-res.
I would have put down 13B archery as a 2nd choice but I drew an archery bull tag for 4A. Dates are such that I could do both but it would be a strain. Maybe next year I'll put in for both rifle and bow. I don't have much faith that I'll ever draw the rifle tag but I do believe I'll get that archery tag one day.

Guys;

Have you all not kept up with what has happened to the 13B deer

herd?

Steve Cheuvront

Steve:

On my way to Meadview, got two trips this weekend to do. Call me tonight AFTER 7 p.m. and we'll talk about your 13B proposal. I have down loaded it and will review today after I get up there and settled in.

You finish that crapper lid for the 5 gallon bucket yet? :)

Don Martin

Don,

Yes!, I have finished the lid, hope you like it.

I think you will, because it is the toilet seat off your home bathroom, it will feel like home,nothing better than, a worn in old friend.

Steve

ps, you might need to run home and replace it before your " sweetie " gets home.

S.

KC,

Naw, I'm just screwing with ya.

It's still a bit_h to draw and twice that hard to get a good buck, but if you put in your time you will have a GOOD oporrtunity to see a 190 + buck.

Wheather or not you have the hunting skills to close the deal, only you really know. If you don't, hire a top notch guide.
price 5-7,000.00 , plus 6-10 % tip. It's worth it, it's a once or twice in a lifetime tag, consider it like it was a sheep tag.

Best of luck to all, in the draw and hunt.

Steve Cheuvront

ps, I am not a guide, nor do I kill deer anymore.

S.

Just BPs for me. Going on my AK bear hunt this Sept!

QUESTION!: How do you figure "max bonus points"? What's the limit per species?

"...I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six..."

13b 1st and 12ae 2nd 0 BP's for me. Strip/Kiabab or bust. I wouldn't waste my time anywhere else. But then again I might grab my bow and fling some arrows this Dec/Jan. Nothing serious just have a good time.

I put in for unit 27 for sheep.

Gun control is a good aim and a steady rest

Guys;

All you 13B hopefulls, my, my my.

Well if someone will volunteer putting a picture up for me, since I'm dumber that dirt, I will show you a picture of several bucks together. No 40" monsters, but some very good bucks.

To my knowledge, none of these bucks were harvested.

Wana see?

As always, I say I am not a guide or take any compensation for helping hunters, in anyway, so this or anything else I say or do is not or ever will be an advertisement to benifite me or my family.

Does that sound like oooooficial lawer talk or what.

I don't kill em anymore, I just take their pictures.

Steve Cheuvront

Guys;

The point is I don't know how, read the post, any volunteers.

Many folks have been kind enough to help, in the past, pm me your e-mail address and I will send them to you and you can post them for me.

Steve

Here are the 13B pics that Steve wanted to share. Steve, I could have loaded the top one as is but I reduced the size to make the upload quicker. Thanks for the pics, we can all hope someday!
BB

4517dsc_0013.jpg.jpg

6461icam.jpg

Thanks BB !

So you wana hunt 13B, wellllllll.

Heres a taste.

None of these bucks would even be considered , during the hunt.

But these are the sons , on their way up. Most won't break the 180 gross mark, when they mature, but others will break the 220 mark , and a very few will shatter it.

I scout all summer, come join me.

Leaving this tuesday for my second 2 week trip.

Steve Cheuvront

BP this year. Think I will have 7 for next year. Next year i'm going to put in for a muzzy desert tag.

Kenny T,

Shooters are earned, I doubt you will find any one that will show you a current shooter.

Now I have pictures of shooters, and would be willing to show some, but I guarantee, you won't know where they are from.

Steve

Guys,

Hey now, You all should know me by now, and you know I did not mean , any deer any body, decides to harvest, is a trophy to them, and to be respected.

13B is a very strange, as is the famous Kiabab Plateau, in that it has many, if not all the ingredents, to grow fablous , GIANT,
knarly old bastar&s.

Besides the kiabab, I hunted mostly unit 21, because it was close to home and most any where in the unit was within 3-4 hours drive from my home. I saw many great bucks in unit 21 , but they paled in size, weight and antler size and mass.

THE, biggest mule deer buck I ever saw in unit 21, was feeding on the golf course at the " Boulders ". Of course no one molested him, and he feed on all the cool green grass he could , and still, as I remember, he was at best a true box, 26" main frame buck , maybe 19-20" of mass, and was a non-typical, in that he wore and basic 4X4 typical rack with forked cheaters
coming off each G-3 and had some kind of knarly mess at his bases. That buck took my breath away, and the, then, unit manager, showed him to me.

What, ya thought "I" found him, get real, but thanks for the thought, I admit my head started to swell as I retold the story, but when I came to the finish, only then did I remember, I was hand led to this very special animal. No I don't know what ever happened.

Steve

Steve:

Sorry I missed your call at Meadview.

I'm home now (tonight) but going back to Meadview tomorrow. Got two more fishing trips to do before the 4th. Gonna do some antelope scouting in Unit 10 I think instead of fighting with the pleasure boaters this weekend.

Oh yes, I have spoken to a number of folks in government about your proposal involving cameras on the Strip.

As promised, call me at home and we'll talk about it, though all the notes I wrote that I took when speaking with govt folks in the know about your proposal are still up at Meadview.

Don Martin

Steve,

Im not worried about where these bucks come from. I just love giant muleys! I agree these bucks are earned and thats why they are so special. Locating and then killing a giant has to be one of the greatest things on earth.

JV, sorry to advise but you are a definite NO GO for a tag this year. Might drop down a point or two for NR's to get a late west side Kaibab tag, but with four off max, never going to happen, at least this year.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Don Martin

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom