What do you do with your big singles

YELUM

Long Time Member
If you're like me, priorities change as we age. Just wondering what you guys do with those big singles after hope is gone for matching them.

These are my big singles, From left to right, 100 inchers, 90 inchers, high 80's, low 80's and 70 inchers.

Love to see or hear about ways to display them, besides a pile.

Yelum

Theres logic, and theres women. They don't go together.

2485pile.jpg

Most of them prefer ShedMatch.com but some like ShedHarmony.com.
Seroiusly though, that is an impressive stack of biggies!

>Most of them prefer ShedMatch.com but
>some like ShedHarmony.com.
>Seroiusly though, that is an impressive
>stack of biggies!

Lol. Larry I'd always just hope the right guy finds the other side. Til then just hold them and fondle them and love them. :)

I almost took one the other day but didn't want to pack them all outside.

Any cool ideas guys. What did you do with your big set bigsix?

Yelum

Clocks running big guy, so if you're not here in 40 I'm bringing back in. lol.

Yelum

>I almost took one the other
>day but didn't want to
>pack them all outside.
>
>Any cool ideas guys. What did
>you do with your big
>set bigsix?
>
>Yelum
>
>Theres logic, and theres women. They
>don't go together.

Planning on doing a shoulder mount with the set. I really don't think there's any other option....

I figured you'd mount the really big one, but are you mounting the 190+ set you just found also? Both would look awesome.

Yelum

If you don't mind putting them out of fondling range I would recommend a 7 (all left or all right) chandelier. Here is one I made years ago from singles and it ended up about 40" dia.

Thats awesome squirrel, but you(or your dog) find more big singles in a week, than my whole collection. I haven't got to the point that I can bring myself to drill a hole in a shed I have. haha

Yelum

Damn dog must have "centennial blindness" cause he never finds me one over 100". We top out at only mid 90's here, and only rarely over mid- 80's.

You need about 3-4 times the number of finished antlers in the fixture as a starting point so you can pick and choose for balance and aesthetics (color+ amount of non-typ). So if you want a 10 antler chandelier you need generally about 30-40 of that class of antler to choose your ten out of.

I still remember the first time I drilled into grade #1 (my pile was a lot smaller then) it was very nerve-racking!! But like you said in your original post you change as you get older and I came to realize long ago they are just friggin' horns and they drop every year...

Some around here won't speak to each other over some supposed horny etiquette faux pas, kinda petty and ignorant, reminds me of... never mind!

Each of my larger antlers has a story behind it, so I find it hard to part with them (I have around 36+ hanging in my garage-on post support or from joists). My biggest ever, a 56" left side, I traded. It ended up on a nice 415 gross "Nevada Sheds Bull" mount that went on the RMEF elk tour a few yrs. back and I was glad a lot of people got to see it!
garage shots...
2735garage_antlers.jpg

6856garage.jpg

my biggest ever...

4581main_of_55_in..jpg

mounted...
3033oblique_left-_side_mounted_-_copy.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom