What do you use for backcountry java needs?

Bruinbrewin

At home I just started to use a coffee grinder and buy my own coffee beans, decaf of course to be heart smart (doctors orders)! I plan on just taking my jet boil Java kit on this next venture with some pre-ground packets to brew up before sun up. What do you do to cover your java needs? Is there any freeze dried or crystals that you think taste good? Any specific name coffee beans that you buy? Let's hear what you got!
BB

Foldgers makes coffee that comes in little single serving tea bags. Tastes like chit but it weighs nothing, is simple, and gives me my little cafene fix in the morning. I go backpacking to hunt, not to sit around a fire and enjoy great coffee :)

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

I hear you, the hunt is what its really about but if Juan Valdez wants to stop by with a fresh cup of mountain grown I don't think I would kick him out of camp!
BB

4b514921439978c7.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jan-16-10 AT 01:52PM (MST)[p]The best freeze dried coffee I have ever had came from NZ. I get my sister in law to send some every year. Or we pick it up when we go down. You might be able to order it on line and try it.

International Roast Crystals?

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer or elk but how he hunted it.

Check out starbucks! they make the coffee in a tea bag. check it out!

("For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. Ephesians 2:8-9")

It's called Starbucks VIA Ready Brew. Just like the Foldgers crap but way better!

("For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. Ephesians 2:8-9")

My bro and I both use the Jet boil and he takes the Folgers individual bags and I take Folgers or Maxwell House instant coffee. Both serve the purpose and I hunt wilderness areas alot, so do not want any waste product (the bags). Just remember, when you are in the backcountry and the bulls are bugling, it all taste good! Slam down some java of any kind and roll baby roll!

WillPower

PS - Pack a few Goodies or BC's which are full of caffeine and you will be good to go.

"My only regret in life is setting my goals too low"

LAST EDITED ON Jan-18-10 AT 10:09PM (MST)[p]i usually go with the Folgers crystals, but i've used the bags, and if thats what i can get - that'll work. but i'm not dure why, if i have my choice - i go with the disolving crystals

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom