What is wrong with this elk?

DEADicated

We got this picture off our trailcam. Can you see what is wrong with this bull?
127pict0008.jpg

If you can't see it, try not looking at his antlers... Have you ever seen an elk in this condition before? Would you put an arrow in him?

LAST EDITED ON Aug-05-13 AT 03:52PM (MST)[p]Looks like he could be scratching his ear with the right hoof, or its just a three legged bull.

Hey dead email sent

LAST EDITED ON Aug-05-13 AT 06:43PM (MST)[p]Holy smokes! That's a 3 legged bull. What I'm curious about is how he survived so long to get that big.

I'd definitely put him down. That's a rare bull indeed. Not many men can say they killed a 3 legged bull elk.

That is crazy he made it so long. I hope he has figured out he is at a major disadvantage when it comes to fighting another bull in the rut. If not he won't make it much longer cause he is getting to the size where a big bull could feel threatened from him taking cows...
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

Why is a chunk of his bottom neck white? I can see the log on the front his neck. just goofy looking

His right front hoof is touching his right ear... The bone structure (Scapula & Humerus) in the shoulder shows where the rest of the leg has to be in order for these two bones to be in that position...

Use the Ctrl button and + button on your keyboard at the same time to zoom in and Ctrl and - button to zoom out.

Zoom in & out a few times and you should see it more clearly.

Cool picture, definitely looks like a 3 legged bull at first glance.

That is awesome. I saw my first one last year. He wasn't quite that big but I did get video of him running off bulls!! Pretty awesome pic. Thanks for sharing.

I've zoomed in as far as I can over and over, but for the life of me I cannot see a leg or hoof. I really think he's just got 3 legs. And of course this is the only picture we have of this bull... Hopefully there will be a trophy picture of him in 2 weeks!

The leg is definitely there. With low light the shutter stays open longer, and moving objects are just a blur. That's why his leg is blending in with his neck so well...because it was moving when the picture was taken. Decent bull though, hope you get a chance at him shortly!

something seem off on the way the bones are, let they are moving or maybe just set the way after he lost a leg, or maybe the leg isn't showing up as he scratching his ear with it.

Hope you get more pictures.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

IMO looks like he is scratching his ear. Put a arrow in him so we know for sure.

What are the odds??? A 3-legged deer in the same spot!

396pict0077.jpg

I'm actually starting to think the bull is scratching his ear like several of you have suggested. But we still need to tag him to know for certain.

The regular pictures was 600x449 and using Irfanview I was able to zoom in for a closer picture at 1415x1059.
THERE IS NO RIGHT LEG AT ALL.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

That's funny poor guy. I actually saw a 6x6 up near Fairplay, CO last fall who's rear leg was gone below I guess his knee. When we stopped he took off running like he had been that way a long time. He ran almost as fast as the two bulls he was with.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom