What is your most prized possession(s)?

feddoc

Long Time Member
Stuff only, not your wife, gf, bf, etc. Unless it is the blow up kind.

Mine is my dad's old .30/30 and his bedroll. He had both since long before I was born. The stock on the rifle was cracked at one time, so he wrapped some wet leather around it and sewed the leather with potato sack thread. His bedroll has a huge sweat stain where his head was for I don't know how many nights. I also have his bible given to him in 1940 when he went in the Army. I also have my mom's favorite scarf and sweater.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

Stuff only, not your wife, gf, bf, etc. Unless it is the blow up kind.

Mine is my dad's old .30/30 and his bedroll. He had both since long before I was born. The stock on the rifle was cracked at one time, so he wrapped some wet leather around it and sewed the leather with potato sack thread. His bedroll has a huge sweat stain where his head was for I don't know how many nights. I also have his bible given to him in 1940 when he went in the Army. I also have my mom's favorite scarf and sweater.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

My Dad's 1934 Silver Certificate "short snorter". He carried it in his wallet since he was stationed in the Aleutains during WWII. It's been in my wallet since his funeral. I would have said his Winchester Model 12, but this has more meaning.

My Dad's 1934 Silver Certificate "short snorter". He carried it in his wallet since he was stationed in the Aleutains during WWII. It's been in my wallet since his funeral. I would have said his Winchester Model 12, but this has more meaning.

My WWII Ration Card for Sugar, Salt....really.

Need to look for it and scan it to prove it for you jokers.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

My WWII Ration Card for Sugar, Salt....really.

Need to look for it and scan it to prove it for you jokers.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Gotta be my 375 RUM!:D

It's gotta way of Pissin alot of people off!

Kiddin!

Friendship with all you Jokers ranks up there perty high!

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

Gotta be my 375 RUM!:D

It's gotta way of Pissin alot of people off!

Kiddin!

Friendship with all you Jokers ranks up there perty high!

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

My father's NRA Centennial (1871-1971) Winchester model 94 30-30 rifle. Was the first firearm I ever learned to handle and fire. I will always remember that day. Thanks Dad.

Eldorado

My father's NRA Centennial (1871-1971) Winchester model 94 30-30 rifle. Was the first firearm I ever learned to handle and fire. I will always remember that day. Thanks Dad.

Eldorado

My grandfather's model 94 32win specal and the luger and p38 he took off an ss officer with the bayonett too!

My grandfather's model 94 32win specal and the luger and p38 he took off an ss officer with the bayonett too!

My great, great, great, great, great,grandfathers sabertooth tiger skull collection and the club he got them all with.

My great, great, great, great, great,grandfathers sabertooth tiger skull collection and the club he got them all with.

My Swaro binos. Didn't realize how important they were to me until I thought I left them on the roof of my truck. Fifteen minute later down the road I got a sick feeling in my gut (almost threw up). Pulled off and checked behind the seat just in case and fortunately I had put them away. Since then I always put them away, no exceptions. I have the nocs trained to find bucks and bulls. One of these days I will be able to pass them down to one of my kids.

My Swaro binos. Didn't realize how important they were to me until I thought I left them on the roof of my truck. Fifteen minute later down the road I got a sick feeling in my gut (almost threw up). Pulled off and checked behind the seat just in case and fortunately I had put them away. Since then I always put them away, no exceptions. I have the nocs trained to find bucks and bulls. One of these days I will be able to pass them down to one of my kids.

All of my pictures. I have them backed up on discs and stored in different places. More important than anything I have!!!!!!

All of my pictures. I have them backed up on discs and stored in different places. More important than anything I have!!!!!!

Our family pictures rank highest for me too, but those are not what I figured you were lookng for, for me, they are in the same group with the wife and children. I'd give just about anything for a pair of my Grandfather's spurs or my Dad's bear hide chaps or Colt revolver.

I wish I had a treasure that belonged a member of my family but too many uncles and cousins came before so others in the family have the really cool stuff.

I have two muzzleloaders built by cannonball around 25 years ago. One Hawken one Kentucky, of my toys these two would be the last to go.

DC

Our family pictures rank highest for me too, but those are not what I figured you were lookng for, for me, they are in the same group with the wife and children. I'd give just about anything for a pair of my Grandfather's spurs or my Dad's bear hide chaps or Colt revolver.

I wish I had a treasure that belonged a member of my family but too many uncles and cousins came before so others in the family have the really cool stuff.

I have two muzzleloaders built by cannonball around 25 years ago. One Hawken one Kentucky, of my toys these two would be the last to go.

DC

Tin mugs with glass bottoms that my grandpa used to use when he worked on the Kiabab cutting timber. My wife does not understand why I like them, but I have wanted them since I was very young. Grandma gave me all four about two years ago.

9621002_2.jpg

5455004_2.jpg

Tin mugs with glass bottoms that my grandpa used to use when he worked on the Kiabab cutting timber. My wife does not understand why I like them, but I have wanted them since I was very young. Grandma gave me all four about two years ago.

9621002_2.jpg

5455004_2.jpg

The Remmington model 721 270 my father gave me when I was 17. I have killed all my deer with it.

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

The Remmington model 721 270 my father gave me when I was 17. I have killed all my deer with it.

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

I'd have to say my photos are my most prized possession.
Family ain't really a possession, but the memories of a life well lived are.

I'd have to say my photos are my most prized possession.
Family ain't really a possession, but the memories of a life well lived are.

Well I guess if we are talking about gun's & stuff I guess I'd have to say the Savage .300 Model 99 & the Remington Model 12 12Ga shotgun. I know dad bought both used & damn near decimated the mule deer and duck population in Garfield County.

Honestly my most prized possession's are my memories.

Huh.. Mosnar... I know you are getting there!

Slick

'The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

Well I guess if we are talking about gun's & stuff I guess I'd have to say the Savage .300 Model 99 & the Remington Model 12 12Ga shotgun. I know dad bought both used & damn near decimated the mule deer and duck population in Garfield County.

Honestly my most prized possession's are my memories.

Huh.. Mosnar... I know you are getting there!

Slick

'The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

My great grandpas 1894 30-30 that was made in 1890 something and his KK 12 gauge. My mom gave them to me a couple years ago. Following that would be several thousand ounces of gold I found in the hills in a cave. Scratched on the wall was the word Rhodes?? Whatever that means. I only took enough to cover my basic needs. I swear I saw some indians in the locale but must have been my imagination..

My great grandpas 1894 30-30 that was made in 1890 something and his KK 12 gauge. My mom gave them to me a couple years ago. Following that would be several thousand ounces of gold I found in the hills in a cave. Scratched on the wall was the word Rhodes?? Whatever that means. I only took enough to cover my basic needs. I swear I saw some indians in the locale but must have been my imagination..

My dads 25/06 he built on an 03A3 Springfield action in 1963 when the 25/06 was a wildcat. Also have his Winchester model 12 shotgun that he got through the NRA, it was a riot gun that he added a Poly choke to, those were the guns he hunted with the most and I'm glad I have them to hand down to my boys someday.

My dads 25/06 he built on an 03A3 Springfield action in 1963 when the 25/06 was a wildcat. Also have his Winchester model 12 shotgun that he got through the NRA, it was a riot gun that he added a Poly choke to, those were the guns he hunted with the most and I'm glad I have them to hand down to my boys someday.

My grandfather gave me a gold plated engraved octagon barreled Winchester 94 30-30. That's pretty special.

I also recd the 3 wise men christmas decorations that belonged to my grandmother. It was never Christmas until she put them under the tree.

Lots of memories when I put my hands on them.

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have
some good ideas!

My grandfather gave me a gold plated engraved octagon barreled Winchester 94 30-30. That's pretty special.

I also recd the 3 wise men christmas decorations that belonged to my grandmother. It was never Christmas until she put them under the tree.

Lots of memories when I put my hands on them.

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have
some good ideas!

LAST EDITED ON Jul-17-11 AT 10:23PM (MST)[p]Lots of heirloom guns. My maternal grandfather passed away owing some money and all of his guns, including from WWII, were pillaged through and taken. My paternal grandfather passed and all of the uncles and cousins beat me to it. While on my mission my dad had all of his guns stolen while the fam was in Disneyland. My brothers and I chipped in later to buy my dad a new 30.06 but it wasnt the same and he never took to it like the one he bought in high school. My dads old Bear Whitetail Hunter is still around and that may rank up there. Someday I will pass my Weatherby Mark V down to my son.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-17-11 AT 10:23PM (MST)[p]Lots of heirloom guns. My maternal grandfather passed away owing some money and all of his guns, including from WWII, were pillaged through and taken. My paternal grandfather passed and all of the uncles and cousins beat me to it. While on my mission my dad had all of his guns stolen while the fam was in Disneyland. My brothers and I chipped in later to buy my dad a new 30.06 but it wasnt the same and he never took to it like the one he bought in high school. My dads old Bear Whitetail Hunter is still around and that may rank up there. Someday I will pass my Weatherby Mark V down to my son.

my antler collection the big ones and the crazy ones. just to attached to them. and my great grandpas .22 rifle

my antler collection the big ones and the crazy ones. just to attached to them. and my great grandpas .22 rifle

Grandfathers 16ga bolt action shotgun. First gun i ever shot, first gun i ever killed an animal with.

Grandfathers 16ga bolt action shotgun. First gun i ever shot, first gun i ever killed an animal with.

I have a pair of my great grandpas chaps and spurs. I like to look at them and think of how many miles those things saw on a horse. I also have my grandpas old Winchester Model 12 shotgun that shoots great but kicks like a mule. I wouldn't part with those things for love or money. I would run back into a burning building after those. Hope I never have to!

It's always an adventure!!!

I have a pair of my great grandpas chaps and spurs. I like to look at them and think of how many miles those things saw on a horse. I also have my grandpas old Winchester Model 12 shotgun that shoots great but kicks like a mule. I wouldn't part with those things for love or money. I would run back into a burning building after those. Hope I never have to!

It's always an adventure!!!

My grandfather's 10 ga. Parker Bros. shotgun, made in 1880. I recently found out on the Parker Bros. Collector's website that it is one of only 12 made with 36-in. Damascus barrels.

Unfortunately, it isn't in real great shape. Though everything is quite tight and functional, it was likely rusty at some point because it appears the outer metal was perhaps polished clean with maybe a wire brush or steel wool. There are no actual scratches but there is some pitting left. The hammers, firing pins and triggers are intact and work just fine, as does the lifter release.

I've pretty much resigned myself to continue using it has a decoration in my trophy room because of the sentimental value.

7299shotgun.jpg

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

My grandfather's 10 ga. Parker Bros. shotgun, made in 1880. I recently found out on the Parker Bros. Collector's website that it is one of only 12 made with 36-in. Damascus barrels.

Unfortunately, it isn't in real great shape. Though everything is quite tight and functional, it was likely rusty at some point because it appears the outer metal was perhaps polished clean with maybe a wire brush or steel wool. There are no actual scratches but there is some pitting left. The hammers, firing pins and triggers are intact and work just fine, as does the lifter release.

I've pretty much resigned myself to continue using it has a decoration in my trophy room because of the sentimental value.

7299shotgun.jpg

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

Several years ago I was able to buy the land my great grandfather homesteaded, it's been in the family for over a 100 years. Now I've always got a place to hunt and putter and hunt some more.

It's where I grew up, one opening day while I was in high school I shot my whitetail buck, three pheasants and five ducks all on the place and all within walking distance from the house.

We don't farm/ranch anymore, I've got the pasture leased out to the neighbor and the goverment is still paying me not to farm so it works out pretty good.

Several years ago I was able to buy the land my great grandfather homesteaded, it's been in the family for over a 100 years. Now I've always got a place to hunt and putter and hunt some more.

It's where I grew up, one opening day while I was in high school I shot my whitetail buck, three pheasants and five ducks all on the place and all within walking distance from the house.

We don't farm/ranch anymore, I've got the pasture leased out to the neighbor and the goverment is still paying me not to farm so it works out pretty good.

The Remington Model 11 made in 1902. It was my great grandfathers. Its been actively used by 4 generations.

I dont want to sound as though I am looking forward to my father's passing, but when that does happen, there will be several sentimental items that I hope to get. The same great grandfather that bought the gun was also very talented with leather. We have his saddle, bridle, lead rope, and chaps of his that he all handcrafted. They are currently in my dad's possession. My dad's FBI badge, a signed Nolan Ryan jersey, and a mule deer mount are all things that hold many memories for me that I would love to have.

The Remington Model 11 made in 1902. It was my great grandfathers. Its been actively used by 4 generations.

I dont want to sound as though I am looking forward to my father's passing, but when that does happen, there will be several sentimental items that I hope to get. The same great grandfather that bought the gun was also very talented with leather. We have his saddle, bridle, lead rope, and chaps of his that he all handcrafted. They are currently in my dad's possession. My dad's FBI badge, a signed Nolan Ryan jersey, and a mule deer mount are all things that hold many memories for me that I would love to have.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom